COD:BO Nova-6 Gas Attack

Sachyriel

Banned
In the game there is a plot about a possible attack on the USA using a nerve gas known as Nova-6; your character will stop it, but if you've played it I'm sure you died before beating the game. Let's 'continue' from that point, instead of stopping the attack it's going through. Theoretically the Nerve Gas will kill you in a minute or so, and the USSR plans on releasing it throughout the USA in order to decimate the population (which likely holds a ton of reservists/able bodied people) to pave way for an invasion.

So, they hit cities, maybe Nova-6 isn't ALL of their initial strike, it's just the part we're trying to stop. In conjunction with the Nerve Gas I'm thinking saboteurs would blow up rail lines, electrical power, carve up roads, blow up airports, etc. The Nerve Gas is just a weapon and we all know that you don't win a war with a single weapon, you need a large set.

The Soviet attack starts off with Nerve Gas killing pretty much everyone who wasn't ready for it, which is everyone save higher military-government levels. Soviet Agents then continue to wreak havoc as the Soviet forces take care of the USN (which should be easy now that they have little chance for resupply) in order to take the mainland; the Soviets only need to choose one ocean, Pacific or Atlantic and I'm guessing they'd go for the Pacific since the Atlantic has all those NATO boats in the way.

Am I wrong?

Hudson tells you at one point that there is to be a pre-emptive nuclear strike by the USA and that "the President will sign" so the Soviets are gonna be in just as bad a state as the USA (even worse if America decides to nuke all soviet client states too like Cuba) as it may hit the broadcasting ship while it is still in harbour. Thus depending on how late Masson dies in this story and how much info he has managed to gather and relay to his superiors America may be spared from the Nova 6 Attack whilst the USSR may be nuked.

Hudson tells you at one point that there is to be a pre-emptive nuclear strike by the USA and that "the President will sign" so the Soviets are gonna be in just as bad a state as the USA (even worse if America decides to nuke all soviet client states too like Cuba) as it may hit the broadcasting ship while it is still in harbour. Thus depending on how late Masson dies in this story and how much info he has managed to gather and relay to his superiors America may be spared from the Nova 6 Attack whilst the USSR may be nuked.

If you look at the map, the Rusalka is out in the middle of the Gulf. They wouldn't hit it in port. It's likely the Nova 6 attack would still go down, but at least the Russians would be just as devastated as the US.

I always thought that Dragovich was forcing the government's hand. Kind of like Volgin in MGS3.

I didn't notice anything like that, would have made more sense. The Russians were acting completelly ASB for the story. Why risk a nuclear war with the Americans? I don't mind the ASBness of MW:2 but this time I did cause it made no sense.

I didn't notice anything like that, would have made more sense. The Russians were acting completelly ASB for the story. Why risk a nuclear war with the Americans? I don't mind the ASBness of MW:2 but this time I did cause it made no sense.

That's why its easier to look at it from the point of view of one rogue general basically taking control of the state and forcing it to do his bidding.

But CoD:BO is very ASB anyways. Just look at the weapons.