Chindia

I think I posted this earlier, but in the before 1900 section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chindia
Now, it is possible for there to be, in the future, a union between the two growing powers? Currently, China and India are't the best of friends, but that's mostly due to competition. To become an emerging superpower, China is mostly held back by its political disorganization, while India by its economic disorganization. Would (a presumably democratic) China and India ever ally together in the future?

Straha

Banned
Probably not. You've got the GIANT monolithic culture of china and India's MASSIVe cultural diversity. Not going to work.

I suppose you could probably come up with some scenario in which India and China ally. (F.x. alien invasion:D , nah seriously, maybe not that ASB, but you need a very different world, some common threat or something).

A merger... Well the thing is on a map they don´t look so far away from each other, but usually the maps don´t have completely right proportions. I mean we are talking about countries bigger than Europe. (At least China is, I don´t know how big India is in comparison, but it´s huge).

I think it´s almost like: Could Europe and Africa merge? (slightly exaggerated, but similar problems, f.x. communication, transportation).

Greg Cox has had some novels about Star Trek's Khan conquering Asia. I haven't read them, have you? Something like that might have to happen. He might be in the background, manipulating and controlling the puppet rulers of China and India. You'd also have to have all the current rulers of those countries die off.

Never

Never gonna happen. The next thing that you'll tell me is that the Brits and the French will be allies. :rolleyes: