Challenge: the latest possible American monarchy

Your challenge, should you accept it, is to create a monarchy in the United States of America at the latest possible date. The original US Constitution has to still be written and enacted, and the establishment of the US still has to proceed the same way as OTL, until at least the elevation of Washington as President.

The monarchy in question has to be viable (i.e. it cannot be an abortive coup that lasts all of three months), and has to last for at least 20 years. Bonus points if the US remains a monarchy to the present day. Extra bonus points if monarchy can be established after WW2. Additional bonus points if it does not require a civil war in the US, and the country retains its territorial integrity.

I am placing this in pre-1900 AH since it may require pre-1900 POD, but post-1900 PODs might be possible as well. Have at it!

Uh, post-1900? As much as I'd like that, I highly doubt it would be possible. I suppose if Germany won WWI (with no US involvement) and the world in general became really pro-Monarchy, then I might possibly see some kind of authoritarian regime coming to power and being really successful. The successful dictator could then use his popularity to declare himself 'Emperor' or whatever. Very unlikely, but maybe not ASB in that context.

Nit-picking solution- have a Native American monarchy with tribal sovereignty within the US. It's a monarchy, and it's "in" the USA...

Otherwise, the US has to go the same way as Mexico- but the French are unlikely to invade it to collect debts! Perhaps start with no Louisiana purchase, leaving a rump USA which can have a European monarchy installed from outside. But neither Mexican empire lasted more than 3 years, far less 20! Perhaps they install someone wildly popular?