Asking Otto/Byzzie guys: When did the Ottoman population first exceed the Byzantine?

wormyguy

Banned
Exactly what it says in the title. When would you estimate the population of the lands ruled by the Osmanli family first exceed that of the Palaiologos family? Going by the figures reported by Wikipedia (I know!) for the Byzantine population in 1282 (c. 5 mil) and the Ottoman population in 1520 (c. 11.7 mil), it looks like it would be some time in the 1300s (during the Black Death?). What I'm looking for is a bit more specificity (and of course the Wikipedia numbers are very likely nowhere near right). If anyone knows when the population of Turkish-controlled territories in Anatolia and the Balkans exceeded the population of the Christian-controlled territories in the same, that would also be helpful. Please don't turn this topic into a flame-fest - I'm only innocently asking a question out of curiosity!

This "Byzzie guy" is happy to admit he has no idea whatsoever. If pushed, I'd estimate that the point was somewhere between 1330 and 1360, though.

The late Byzantines and Ottomans are after my period, but there's some controversy between high count figures and low count figures for Roman and early Byzantine populations. I tend to favor a low count.