As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early August 2009

Disney and Britt Allcroft both confirm that Tiffany Disney will become the new narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine segments when Shining Time Station returns to PBS in 2010. Tiffany becomes both the first female and first openly LGBT narrator in the history of the Thomas property. Tiffany has previously worked with CBS and Hasbro on a guest character for the Season 2 premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which airs next month.
- Variety

With the embargo lifted, Cuba can't wait to welcome American brands with open arms.
- The Wall Street Journal

ABC orders 26 episodes of the 90's hit sitcom Roseanne....except without Roseanne.
- TV Guide

TBS+Paramount chairwoman Geraldine Laybourne has given Cartoon Network an ultimatum. The network has only one year to improve Toonami's sagging ratings. If the situation does not change, Cartoon Network could soon be out of the anime business and Paramount will likely pivot to licensing its anime dubs to networks owned by rival conglomerates.
- The Hollywood Reporter

TBS+Paramount chairwoman Geraldine Laybourne has given Cartoon Network an ultimatum. The network has only one year to improve Toonami's sagging ratings. If the situation does not change, Cartoon Network could soon be out of the anime business and Paramount will likely pivot to licensing its anime dubs to networks owned by rival conglomerates.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Welp, time for CN to get cracking.

Entertainment News for Early August 2009 Part 2
The Sports Page
This year's Pro Football Hall of Fame Game will feature the Houston Oilers and Buffalo Bills wearing throwback uniforms as part of the 50th anniversary of the eight AFL charter teams.
- ESPN

GameStop and other video game retailers in the US are accepting early bird pre-orders for of EA Sports' NHL 10. A special cover variant that was originally planned to be geared exclusively to San Diego area gamers features Mighty Ducks owner Tiffany Disney sharing the cover with alternate captain and forward Ryan Getzlaf. Because retailers have received pre-orders and requests from gamers outside of the San Diego market, EA will make this cover variant available nationwide for only for the Atari Coyote version of the game. On other consoles, the cover athlete will be Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks.
- ESPN

Disney and Britt Allcroft both confirm that Tiffany Disney will become the new narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine segments when Shining Time Station returns to PBS in 2010. Tiffany becomes both the first female and first openly LGBT narrator in the history of the Thomas property. Tiffany has previously worked with CBS and Hasbro on a guest character for the Season 2 premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which airs next month.
- Variety
Nice.
With the embargo lifted, Cuba can't wait to welcome American brands with open arms.
That's great! So, what should we expect with this happening?
ABC orders 26 episodes of the 90's hit sitcom Roseanne....except without Roseanne.
- TV Guide

So basically, an earlier version of The Connors?
- The Hollywood Reporter
Holy crap...........................................
Welp, time for CN to get cracking.
AND CRACKING FAST!
GameStop and other video game retailers in the US are accepting early bird pre-orders for of EA Sports' NHL 10. A special cover variant that was originally planned to be geared exclusively to San Diego area gamers features Mighty Ducks owner Tiffany Disney sharing the cover with alternate captain and forward Ryan Getzlaf. Because retailers have received pre-orders and requests from gamers outside of the San Diego market, EA will make this cover variant available nationwide for only for the Atari Coyote version of the game. On other consoles, the cover athlete will be Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks.
- ESPN
Cool!

@WB18

A "skinny" IHL should look something like this...

Eastern Conference
Baltimore Skipjacks
Cincinnati Cyclones
Florida Panthers
Hamilton Bulldogs
Hartford Whalers
Indianapolis Racers
New Jersey Devils
Orlando Solar Bears
Quebec Nordiques

Western Conference
Dallas Pegasus
Kansas City Grillers
Long Beach Ice Dogs
New Orleans Revelers
Phoenix Roadrunners
Portland Buckaroos
San Antonio Iguanas
St. Paul Wild
Utah Grizzlies
May I suggest moving St. Paul, I doubt the Twin Cities can support two big league hockey teams.

What would be a good place to move?
I'd say Sacramento (solid market and rivalries with Portland and Long Beach, only question is if Arco Arena is suitable for hockey). Omaha, Regina/Saskatoon or Memphis would be backup options.

Possible IHL realignment

Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Baltimore Skipjacks
Florida Panthers
Hartford Whalers
New Jersey Devils
Orlando Solar Bears
Western Conference - Central Division
Dallas Pegasus
Kansas City Grillers
New Orleans Revelers
Omaha/Saskatchewan/Memphis (should you decide to go one of those places)
San Antonio Iguanas
Eastern Conference - Northeast Division
Cincinnati Cyclones
Hamilton Bulldogs
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Western Conference - Pacific Division
Long Beach Ice Dogs
Phoenix Roadrunners
Portland Buckaroos
Sacramento (Potential names: River Rats, Avalanche, Condors, Wolves, should you go here)
Utah Grizzlies

I'd say Sacramento (solid market and rivalries with Portland and Long Beach, only question is if Arco Arena is suitable for hockey). Omaha, Regina/Saskatoon or Memphis would be backup options.

Possible IHL realignment

Baltimore Skipjacks
Florida Panthers
Hartford Whalers
New Jersey Devils
Orlando Solar Bears
Dallas Pegasus
Kansas City Grillers
New Orleans Revelers
San Antonio Iguanas
Cincinnati Cyclones
Hamilton Bulldogs
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Long Beach Ice Dogs
Phoenix Roadrunners
Portland Buckaroos
Sacramento (Potential names: River Rats, Avalanche, Condors, Wolves, should you go here)
Utah Grizzlies
I can see it now: The Memphis Longhorns vs. the Sacramento Condors.

The resort town of varode is ealsy accesable form havana

- Variety

- TV Guide

- The Hollywood Reporter
I feel that the most likelly companies to build a park in varode cuba are bally , six kings and warner because the other 3 major themepark disney universal and turner parmont have a flag ship park in cuba park in florida (or in the chase of turner parmont they are planing on having a flagship in florida. Oldnavy mention that paromnt turner plans on buying cirucs world in the parmont pinacle east ) and varode is kinda of close to folrida . Six kings is top pick because thye havn't built a new park since hollywood park opened in 1999. Bally is my number two Hopers worlds of world cuba would butterfly worlds of wonder japan. Oldnavy you said that it opening in 2010. Do you have a city in mind. I wouldn't build on hunshu island. Honshu has too many world class parks. I gave you serveral loctions on kyshy shikaoi and hokiado

Possible IHL realignment

Baltimore Skipjacks
Florida Panthers
Hartford Whalers
New Jersey Devils
Orlando Solar Bears
Dallas Pegasus
Kansas City Grillers
New Orleans Revelers
San Antonio Iguanas
Cincinnati Cyclones
Hamilton Bulldogs
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Long Beach Ice Dogs
Phoenix Roadrunners
Portland Buckaroos
Utah Grizzlies
What I could do is have the Arco Arena be a temporary rink before the Golden 1 Center is built on its OTL site, the Natomas neighborhood, or at the Railyards.

does six kings have any plans for internaitnal expansion. Did the pincale east plan cause paromnt turner to give up there plans for the american adventure park in the uk. IF so then maybe six should buy it and call it great britains
s woderland

Surely, that can't be all of them. I distinctly remember Ray Spum, or whoever created that George Liquor abomination, also working at Miramax at some point.

The founder of Miramax, now known as one of the most evil companies to work for, somehow averted the 9/11 attacks. I have no words to that.

How awful.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the voice of an actual Disney Villain being as villainous as the guy he once did the role for.
Winestine i also saved the live of several astronauts by canccelling the launch of the columbia

What is the theme park sphere like anyway
I offered to make a list of themeparks of oldnavy but he didn't publish because of the poor spelling. I have since edited the list and hope oldnavy will publish. Do you want to see my list. if so ask and will send you an invite to the list