As Dreamers Do Part Deux

In OTL, 2008 had the last fully model Special, known as The Great Discovery, narrated by James Bond himself, Pierce Brosnan. Then, season 12 was a hybrid of Model with CGI faces, also released in 2008. Maybe the show ITTL is releasing one more hybrid season this year (2009) and the first fully CGI production can be the 65th anniversary movie I suggested in 2010?

In my opinion, adapting the first two books of The Railway Series in movie form would be the perfect way to show the audience that, even though it is CGI now, it is still the Thomas they know. This would be especially comforting to people with Autism, a group Thomas is extremely popular with.

What do you think?

I forgot to point out is that Tiffany Disney is high functioning Autistic. She was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome roughly the same time she learned about her incontinence.

Tiffany could make a cameo on the Shining Time Station revival. Not sure what the storyline could be though.

CGI won't be used full time until 2011.

Disney Enterprises, Inc.
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA

For immediate release

June 1, 2009

Statement from Rick Siggelkow
"We are greatly pleased to learn about Thomas's crossover appeal with adults on the autism spectrum. That said, we will continue to produce high quality 'Thomas' content that can be enjoyed by audiences of all ages. Our production team in London will continue to produce 'hybrid' seasons of 'Thomas' before we take the series digital starting in the 2012-13 season."

I forgot to point out is that Tiffany Disney is high functioning Autistic. She was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome roughly the same time she learned about her incontinence.

Tiffany could make a cameo on the Shining Time Station revival. Not sure what the storyline could be though.

CGI won't be used full time until 2011.
That makes sense, perhaps the movie can be a nice finale to the models being used then, the end credits being a montage of moments from the models being used.

Either way, I still feel that an adaption of the first two books is the best bet for a new Thomas movie ITTL because it, as I said, would eliminate the need to film 2 different movies. You could even take inspiration from celebrities narrating IOTL and have Tiffany Disney narrate the movie/be the first female Thomas narrator., or the movie could start with her reading the first RWS book to her adopted son, which then transfers to the model/CGI hybrid.

Speaking of her, on Shining Time Station, she could be the coach of an in-universe version of the Mighty Ducks, using a train to get to their next game when the engine breaksdown at Shining TIme.

Sorry for all this Thomas talk (Pardon the pun) derailing the thread, should I move this conversation to PMs to not clutter the thread?

That makes sense, perhaps the movie can be a nice finale to the models being used then, the end credits being a montage of moments from the models being used.

Either way, I still feel that an adaption of the first two books is the best bet for a new Thomas movie ITTL because it, as I said, would eliminate the need to film 2 different movies. You could even take inspiration from celebrities narrating IOTL and have Tiffany Disney narrate the movie/be the first female Thomas narrator., or the movie could start with her reading the first RWS book to her adopted son, which then transfers to the model/CGI hybrid.

Speaking of her, on Shining Time Station, she could be the coach of an in-universe version of the Mighty Ducks, using a train to get to their next game when the engine breaksdown at Shining TIme.

Sorry for all this Thomas talk (Pardon the pun) derailing the thread, should I move this conversation to PMs to not clutter the thread?

Depending on what age group is the target audience, Tiffany's guest appearance could also be a way to teach kids about logistics.

Depending on what age group is the target audience, Tiffany's guest appearance could also be a way to teach kids about logistics.
As a Disney fan with Autism, Tiffany's stuff outside of her incontinence is very inspiring. Wonder if we'd get more Winnie the Pooh content in the future as a result of their sensory-inclusive lifestyle choices.

I always thought of Shining Time as a family show, so things for people of all ages.
Also, I PMed you as to not clutter the thread.

Shining Time had been on hiatus for about 13 years by the time George Carlin passed away. So because of that, Siggelkow had to scramble to find a new Mr. Conductor for the revival coming up next year. Hence, Mark Hamill coming in to fill the role.

Allcroft and Siggelkow have both consulted with WED Imagineering to re-create the terminal set from the original Shining Time Station. Those scenes are likely to be filmed with the latest high definition video equipment.

Depending on the size of the train station set, it'll likely be on the main Disney lot in Burbank, the Fox lot on Pico Blvd in Century City or one of the remaining Soundstage at Disney-Fox Studios Theme Park in Orlando.

Last edited:
Does Tiffany Disney exist IRL
Not IOTL sadly.

She is an OC created for this TL.

IOTL, I WAS a Mighty Ducks of Anaheim fan when Disney still owned the team. What killed my fandom for the franchise was when Henry Samueli bought the team and completely erased all traces of Disney from the team's branding. After that, I became a bandwagon jumper.

Not IOTL sadly.

She is an OC created for this TL.

IOTL, I WAS a Mighty Ducks of Anaheim fan when Disney still owned the team. What killed my fandom for the franchise was when Henry Samueli bought the team and completely erased all traces of Disney from the team's branding. After that, I became a bandwagon jumper.
I only know of the real-life Mighty Ducks team because of Disney, so I understand your issue with Samueli Adams-a. Please pardon my bad Italian accent for that joke.

But if Henry wanted to remove the Disney brand, why not partner up with WB instead? I'm sure this would be Daffy's big comeback in a way that doesn't insult him.

I only know of the real-life Mighty Ducks team because of Disney, so I understand your issue with Samueli Adams-a. Please pardon my bad Italian accent for that joke.

But if Henry wanted to remove the Disney brand, why not partner up with WB instead? I'm sure this would be Daffy's big comeback in a way that doesn't insult him.
Right. The Disney connection was what drew non-fans to the team and the NHL as a whole in general.

On the other hand, IOTL, there were a lot of sportswriters who treated the club like the Harlem Globetrotters just because of the Disney ties. But from my point of view, that felt like a ridiculous reason to rebrand.

Therefore, even though the team eventually reached the pinnacle of their sport after the rebrand, I feel that the overhaul to the team's entire look was what alienated the casual fans who knew of the team from either the movie trilogy or the animated show.
Before 2006 IOTLAfter 2006 IOTL
http%3A%2F%2Fpucksofafeather.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F2093120-850x560.jpeg
Scott-Niedermayer.jpg

IOTL, I was in kindergarten when the Ducks came into the NHL. I became a fan for two reasons. First, I was already a Disney geek and secondly, they still are the closest OTL NHL franchise to San Diego where I still live. IOTL, I was 15 by the time the Ducks made their first Stanley Cup appearance, which they lost to the New Jersey Devils in about 6 or 7 games. I wanted the Ducks to win just because I felt a championship would shed the stigma that hockey purists attached to the original look.

ITTL, the idea of San Diego being the home to TTL's version of the Mighty Duck team was a suggestion from another user in the previous thread. I ran with it because that was my chance to have Walt Disney, Jr. bring an expansion team to my hometown. The expansion fee ITTL was about $25 million USD, half the fee Michael Eisner paid IOTL. By basing the team in San Diego instead of Orange County, that butterflied the need for Junior to compensate the Los Angeles Kings to share the Greater LA market, which Gary Bettman required Michael Eisner to do IOTL.

The idea of Tiffany becoming a team owner at such a young age is not too weird if you dig deeper. In 1920 IOTL, George Halas was about 24 when he was first hired to be the very first player-coach for the Decatur Staleys, the small-town Illinois football team that would eventually become the Chicago Bears. IOTL, Lamar Hunt was 28 when he established a football team that eventually became the Kansas City Chiefs in the early 1960's. In 1968 IOTL, Jerry Colangelo was only 29 when the Phoenix Suns hired him to be their very first general manager before he eventually bought the team.

Watchmen (2009 Film)
thumb_BD4F0CD3-26E2-4BD5-8AC3-573A60FB8982.jpg

Watchmen
Released by Luxor Pictures on June 5, 2009

Based upon characters created by
Dave Gibbons
Alan Moore

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
The reason Watchmen came out a few months later than OTL was because of extensive reshoots that had to be done when the MPAA gave the initial cut an X-rating.​

thumb_BD4F0CD3-26E2-4BD5-8AC3-573A60FB8982.jpg

Watchmen
Released by Luxor Pictures on June 5, 2009

Based upon characters created by
Dave Gibbons
Alan Moore

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
The reason Watchmen came out a few months later than OTL was because of extensive reshoots that had to be done when the MPAA gave the initial cut an X-rating.​
Well, can Watchmen get a animated series on The Hub aimed towards adults?

Entertainment News for Early June 2009 (Part 2)
Entertainment News for Early June 2009 (Part 2)

SBC confirms it has big plans to commemorate the 30th season of Wednesday Night Hockey. However, fans couldn't wait to uncork the champagne. One such fan uploaded a montage on YouTube featuring various sponsors that have graced the weekly NHL national telecasts throughout the years.

Jim Gordon
1980:
"Tonight's game is brought to you by Budweiser. Hockey fans, this Bud's for you!"

Bob Miller
1981:
"By Allstate Insurance Companies, who reminds you that You're in good hands with Allstate!"
1982: "By Atari. Have you played Atari today?"
1983: "By K-Mart. We've got it good!"
1984: "By Pan-Am Airlines, who reminds you the skies are no longer the limit!"
1985: "By Sears, your headquarters for official NHL team merchandise."

Mike "Doc" Emrick
1986: "By Kellogg's Corn Flakes. The best to you each morning!"
1987: "By Nike. Just Do It!"
1988: "By Budweiser, proud sponsor of the 1988 US Olympic Team!"
1989: "By Ford and your Ford dealer. Have you driven a Ford...lately?"
1990: "By Coors Light. The Silver Bullet is the right beer now!"
1991: "By Kentucky Fried Chicken. Nobody's cooking like today's KFC!"
1992: "By Circuit City, where service is state of the art."