Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Happy Treachery Day to all my US ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ friends. Any excuse for a party! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Happy Treachery Day to all my US ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ friends. Any excuse for a party! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
no ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ ??? ;)

no ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ ??? ;)
God forbid! I am Scottish ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ and therefore, at a pinch, can be described as British ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but there is not a single Welsh ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ or English ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ bone in my body... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Don't complain. You do have a 4th Of July in Britain.

Lots of infantry tanks had 37 mm short guns, the Renault FT (and the Renault R35, Hotchkiss H35, T-18, Renault NC, LK II, etc. designed to equal/replace it in various countries) being the main example which worked well.
The US 37 mm was quite effective against infantry.
It all depends on the design of the round and the rate of fire.

So apparently @Claymore, your original TD Sherman became a meme online:
r9LfhHW.png
Arm it with a short-barreled 155mm gun and that thing would have been extremely useful on Okinawa

AFV's of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Pt. 4

IP-V medium barrel armed with the 75mm M-43 L/46 cannon. The IP-V was the first AH barrel to employ welded and sloped armour, heavily influenced by both German and Russian barrels the IP-V Panzer was capable of dealing with all but the heaviest of Russian barrels and barrel busters. The IP-V continued into production after the war and many were sold to third world nations in the early to mid 1950's.
View attachment 563004

IP-V Jagdfass barrel buster derived from the the IP-V and armed with a copy of the Russian 85mm gun the Jagdfass V was one of the best AFV's of the Second Great war and many captured vehicles were used by the Russians near the end of the war.
View attachment 563005

One for your TL perhaps. The Nimrod was a RT vehicle but sported a single 40mm AA gun.

Nimrod Mk II.png

drink-up-my-friend.jpg

Hey hey. We (And by we I mean America since I'm Canadian) save your ass from the Germans twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.