Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
heres what seems to be most of the posts nowadays
View attachment 301615
EDIT: just to make it clear im not a trump supporter its just a bit of lighthearted fun pls dont deport me calbear
16cf1ea5dfef9ac4dda3901c1c9b6099.jpg

From my perspective, election boxes can be plenty interesting, it's just that they're all too often lazy and predictable. The keys to making them interesting, I think, is to 1) use candidates outside the dozen prominent ones, 2) don't go too far into being 'unusual' by using a bunch of celebrities and 3) accompany it with a write-up explaining the situation and context.

Basically: don't be indulgent, don't be wackee, and put some thought into it, and it works.

By 2011, France was mired in a large recession. Though it remained the most powerful continental European states by far as it had been for two hundred years, many felt its star was declining. The Fascist Party, named after the revolutionary symbol, received the blame for this recession, and the incumbent First Citizen was accused of using racism and electoral reform to distract from the failing nation. In the industrial Rhineland, mass protests grew to breakneck, and effigies of the Le Pens were burnt en masse by self-described sans-culottes. To many, it was clear that the Fascists had reached a low point, a feeling further aggravated by the nomination of the president's daughter, a choice that led to cries of despotism. Her attempts to calm this by connecting herself to Sieyes and other beloved Fascist First Citizens were seen as fake, and nothing seemed to save her campaign.

The Montagnards benefitted greatly from this. Despite being accused of radicalism throughout the campaign, they went on effective attacks against the right-wing economics of the Fascists, declaring that they caused this mess. Though any time else, their nominee would have lost due to accusations of being an economic radical, with the economy in such a morbid state, they won a massive landslide. Unexpectedly, it was the Montagnards rather than the Fascists who benefited from mandatory voting, and they received a huge mandate. Many hoped they would fix France, now that they had the National Assembly and the First Citizenship under their control. The question was, would they?

revolutionaryfrance.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 83898

By 2011, France was mired in a large recession. Though it remained the most powerful continental European states by far as it had been for two hundred years, many felt its star was declining. The Fascist Party, named after the revolutionary symbol, received the blame for this recession, and the incumbent First Citizen was accused of using racism and electoral reform to distract from the failing nation. In the industrial Rhineland, mass protests grew to breakneck, and effigies of the Le Pens were burnt en masse by self-described sans-culottes. To many, it was clear that the Fascists had reached a low point, a feeling further aggravated by the nomination of the president's daughter, a choice that led to cries of despotism. Her attempts to calm this by connecting herself to Sieyes and other beloved Fascist First Citizens were seen as fake, and nothing seemed to save her campaign.

The Montagnards benefitted greatly from this. Despite being accused of radicalism throughout the campaign, they went on effective attacks against the right-wing economics of the Fascists, declaring that they caused this mess. Though any time else, their nominee would have lost due to accusations of being an economic radical, with the economy in such a morbid state, they won a massive landslide. Unexpectedly, it was the Montagnards rather than the Fascists who benefited from mandatory voting, and they received a huge mandate. Many hoped they would fix France, now that they had the National Assembly and the First Citizenship under their control. The question was, would they?

View attachment 301627

1) I like how each candidate's hair color matches their party

2) aaaaaaaaa French rheinland, low countries, etc.

heres what seems to be most of the posts nowadays
View attachment 301615
EDIT: just to make it clear im not a trump supporter its just a bit of lighthearted fun pls dont deport me calbear

Best election box ever. That's a good drawing of Gabbard! :p

And yet no discussion is held about the non-political infoboxes so... :rolleyes:

See, this is why I'm reluctant to do them.

slight correction: Fake progressive that the leftists on AltHist have a collective boner for, for some reason that nobody can understand because she's a false progressive and an empty suit

I like how she's gone from being the usual appearance on POTUS lists to being a bugbear on here.

Deloria

Banned
I'm kinda scared.

How bad is the Jama'ah? ISIS-level or just Lebanon-level?

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab delivered a sermon to us at al-Jabiyah, and he said: “I stand amongst you in the standing-place of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) amongst us, when he said: ‘I bequeath to you my companions, and then those who follow them and then those who follow them, and then lying will spread, until a man will take oath and will not be asked to take oath, and will bear testimony and will not be asked to bear testimony. [Incumbent] on you is the Jama‘ah! And beware of division! A man must not be in seclusion with a woman, for indeed a man is not secluded with a woman except the third of them is Satan. Satan is with the individual, and he is farther from two [people]. Whoever desires the centre of Jannah, let him adhere to the Jama‘ah. And whoever’s good pleases him and evil displease him, that is a believer.”

aVpXnrw.png

The United States presidential election of 1960 was the 44th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 8, 1960. The incumbent President, Nick Maybug (born Cockchafer) of the Democratic Party declared his intention to run for another term; he was eligible to do so, as it would be his second term. In response, the Republican Party, dominated by opponents of Maybug's policies of "de-Steelization" and rehabilitation of numerous political prisoners, nominated one of his most determined opponents, George Smallton from Oklahoma. Afraid of veteran George Beetle's influence in the Senate and among the population, Nick Maybug instead chose the more loyal and less ambitious Nick Undermount, a "fellow Dixie", as his running mate. Smallton chose Clement Stirling, an American war hero and likewise a fierce opponent of Maybug.

Nonetheless, despite the wishes of the Republican Party, Maybug won the re-election due to a number of factors: his influence in the South, the West, promises of a political "thaw" and the restoration of American greatness, and, according to some critics, influence in the courts. However, Maybug's disastrous "Path to the West" agricultural reform and other incredibly flawed reforms, and an incredibly tense stand-off with the Russian Empire, USA's primary geopolitical enemy, meant that Maybug's popularity would drop dramatically. The last blow would be the corruption scandals and assassinations of Maybug's enemies discovered while the President was in vacation in Phoenician Resort, leading to his impeachment. The election of 1964 was won by Republican candidate Leon Breyton, a protege-turned-enemy of Maybug.

Status
Not open for further replies.