Alternate Info Graphics

I saw this today and decided it would be a really cool way to do AH.

e1748cbfd552cc82c1ac4b2f76990a8a.jpg

So anyone make something like this?

I just came back from my university library where I saw an entire display cabinet of detailed WWI centenary infographics on the peripheral fronts (South Atlantic, Mesopotamian, East/West African, Indian Ocean, East Asian, Pacific, etc) with lots of great maps and figures and graphs, but unfortunately the glass case front prevented me from taking good photos of them due to harsh reflected glare of fluorescent lighting.

Thande

Donor
You're right, that is a cool way to do AH. I like the contemporary feel, much as I've always advocated that people should try to do more modern contemporary atlas style maps (or even Google Maps-looking maps) rather than doing Victorianesque ones all the time--it's a bigger shock to the system of the viewer when it's a more familiar style.

Our site's AH maps are widely distributed on the internet, come up all the time in Google Image searches and many people actually use and believe them. I dare not think what would happen if the even more plausible-looking infographics caught on... :eek:

Our site's AH maps are widely distributed on the internet, come up all the time in Google Image searches and many people actually use and believe them. I dare not think what would happen if the even more plausible-looking infographics caught on... :eek:

That opens up as lot of devious trolling opportunities. :p

Anyway, I love this style, and I completely agree with what Thande said. I've tried my hand at alternate history textbook "scans" in the past, too.

You're right, that is a cool way to do AH. I like the contemporary feel, much as I've always advocated that people should try to do more modern contemporary atlas style maps (or even Google Maps-looking maps) rather than doing Victorianesque ones all the time--it's a bigger shock to the system of the viewer when it's a more familiar style.

I mean I saw it and it instantly had an appeal to me.

It both shows a lot of information in a very simplisitic (aka easy to do) style, but likewise it is pleasing to look at.

So... uh... How Few Remain?

I mean that is a single book, covers various actions, and is simple to make a map of. We all are familiar with it and can find good mappers and good writers to plot it out in a nice graphic.

I'm not sure if this would count as an infographic like that, but I did make this some time ago. Besides the typical stuff of showing geopolitical Europe in the 70s and who's got nukes and who doesn't, it also shows GDP per capita and the political system of European countries. Although I might need to work on the GDP per capita of the Eastern European states, but it's hard to tell.

the_1973_of_the_european_community_by_nanwe01-d7mqq3q.png

On the actual infographic, I like how San Marino can into coastline XD

It is a very nicely done infographic. My nitpick is that, whoever made it, newly independent Finland having the post-1944 border is either ignorant or lazy, or maybe both.

I'm not sure if this would count as an infographic like that, but I did make this some time ago. Besides the typical stuff of showing geopolitical Europe in the 70s and who's got nukes and who doesn't, it also shows GDP per capita and the political system of European countries. Although I might need to work on the GDP per capita of the Eastern European states, but it's hard to tell.

[infographic]

Well, it's a start. I think that infographics require more text and more descriptions.