AHC/WI: Rod Serling Survives

Rod Serling of 'Twilight Zone' fame died aged 50, probably of heart failure, but what might have happened if his health had been better and he'd lived longer, say to 60, or even 75?

Last edited:

zookeeper

Banned
Besides Twilight Zone Serling wrote the script fpr seven days in may and plane tof the apes. he mict write some films, when it is time for a twilight zone revial he may write som e scripts for a new show or act as consultant.

Do you thing his signature 'a twist at the end' style (as seen in 'Phantom of the Paradise') would have become more popular?

And just on his works, I have to say I never did like the ending of Planet of the Apes, not for the twist, but for the fact that it was the Statue of Liberty that got shown, despite it being such a transient structure, whereas the same effect could surely have been achieved by replacing it with Mount Rushmore?

Rod Serling's father died at age 52, from a heart attack while Serling was serving in the Philippines. Airborne-trained, Rod participated in war's ugly arena. I recently read of the part cigarettes played in the war, and Rod became a heavy smoker. The war probably shaped him, but I don't think it prolonged his life. As long as he is remembered, he will live on in the sixth dimension. There's the signpost up ahead. Attempts to duplicate him are futile. A longer life would be nice, but his candle had too bright a flame.

Not to dupe him, save him.:) At AH.com, we are, aren't we, in complete control of "The Twilight Zone"?;):p