AHC/WI/PC: Israel To The Extent of Solomon's Kingdom

yeah isn't the ancient historical extent of the largest Israelite kingdom attributed to the Omrides, not david and soloman anymore? and weren't the omrides polytheistic?

In OTL the ottomans having killed off so many Armenians were planning something similar with Christians and Jews in the Holy Land under Pasha Enver. only the arrival of the Brits under Allenby prevented those plans from coming to fruition.

They could do it today but the international backlash would be pretty big, I think.

I doubt they'd be able to take on both Egypt and Jordan, but Syria would obviously be a non-issue. However, there's not a snowball's chance in hell they could actually hold any land taken in Syria, given the current situation.

I doubt they'd be able to take on both Egypt and Jordan, but Syria would obviously be a non-issue. However, there's not a snowball's chance in hell they could actually hold any land taken in Syria, given the current situation.

Without some sunshine in a box that is. Lol

I think you gravely underestimate the IDF. One does not need WMDs to hold territory taken from various warlords. The real problem is demographic and in terms of international relations.

Unless you're actually going to have an actual apartheid scenario with 10-20% of the population being Jewish and lording it over the remainder, this is a non-starter.

I think you gravely underestimate the IDF. One does not need WMDs to hold territory taken from various warlords. The real problem is demographic and in terms of international relations.

Yeah, your last sentence is what I meant by not being able to hold it.

I am reminded of a joke from SNL regarding the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Someone decided that the USSR need more barren wasteland.I don't see any large oilfields or bodies of fresh water in that expanded Israel. So why bother?

The Omrides flirted with polytheism certainly as the Bible makes clear, though I'm not certain where he gets the idea that it was Israel's greatest extent.

New archeology, theory attributed to archeologist Israel Finkelstein if I remember correctly.

States that Israel was actually majority polytheistic for the most of its existence, with Yahwe being the premier god of the Canaanite pantheon. A couple of ancient Kings attempted to institute a cult of Yahwe, modern Judaism as we know it, and they were credited with the extent of David and Solomon's kingdom in the bible, when in actuality the large kingdom that was said to be David and Solomon's was really the polthyeistic Omrides kingdom. Attributed to David and Solomon for numerous reasons, mainly to give the Yahweh Cult (Judaism) historical precedence and justification. This archeology also shows Jerusalem was nothing more than a small village during the actual time of the Kings that represent David and Solomon.