AHC: Newfoundland Joins the ARW.

Pretty ASB-ish, I know, but I'm rather interested in seeing it. We've had full-fledged timelines where Quebec and/or the Maritimes (NS/PEI) can at least believably join the American Revolution, and at least discussions on various bits of the British West Indies joining as well.

How about Newfoundland? As I and others know, it's the least-populated and most economically dependent colony to Britain, but if we can talk on the Catholic, French-speaking Quebecois joining the ARW even with a Quebec Act in play I'd like to see NL do it as well. Perhaps it's worth remembering for comparisons even little West Indian islands sympathized with the taxation issues (which gives some an excuse to throw them in as extra rebel provinces) and NL has an originally English population for its colonists like the original thirteen (indeed, it's the oldest English colony next to Virginia and Bermuda), so an exceedingly successful ARW could perhaps throw the Newfies in the fold for sympathizing and thus joining....

perhaps if some revolutionary pot-stirrers raised some cain in newfoundland, especially among the fishing ports...

i could see american revolutionaries claiming it should other canadian provinces join in and they defeat the british.

perhaps if some revolutionary pot-stirrers raised some cain in newfoundland, especially among the fishing ports...

i could see american revolutionaries claiming it should other canadian provinces join in and they defeat the british.

That's how I see it, as a VERY successful domino effect: Quebec, Nova Scotia, and PEI join the revolutionaries somehow, and the far greater mass of privateers from those colonies plus the OTL ones cause NL's loyalist government to collapse and throw their lot in with Americans.

Incidentally, there were only two warships up to the time of the Franco-American alliance of 1778 and one was defeated, so if you could maybe take the other out, or whatever.