AHC: Anglo-Alliance

Delvestius

Banned
With any post-1900 PoD, he challenge is to make an official military or economic alliance with these five sovereign member states: Australia, Canada, South Africa, the United Kingdom and United States.

The countries can still be part of an inclusive alliance like N.A.T.O., but the alliance should only have these five independent countries.

Five Eyes/the UKUSA has New Zealand instead of South Africa, but apart from that, it's pretty much what you're looking for.

Combine Calbear's Anglo-American-Nazi War with New Zealand getting subsumed into Australia and you've basically got this.

Get Australia and South Africa into NATO. Although I'm assuming you wanted one with just these five nations specifically. Realistically this alliance would also probably include New Zealand as well, even if not mentioned.

Oops. Posted too soon without reading the full OP, my bad. This is what happens when you browse alternatehistory while inebriated.

If you had the commonwealth be a closer cooperation and somehow worked in the united states that could work. Although this would include some other nations as well.

Man, this is hard. All of these nations are interlinked in multiple alliances and such and share a very close cooperation (except for South Africa, but that has been changing since the removal of apartheid), but I can't think of one that has all five.

Last edited:
If you can change the outcome of the 1948 election in South Africa, that would be helpful to that country's closer integration with the Commonwealth and/or NATO.