AH challenge: Pakistan recovers Bangladesh

wormyguy

Banned
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is for (West) Pakistan to recover sovereignty over East Pakistan/Bangladesh, after the 1971 war, preferably without the use of nuclear weapons.

There is no way I can see this being done. Despite the horrible governments that were in place during the 80's and 90's, the Pakistani's had ruined their reputation in the country in the aftermath of the 1970 Cyclone, and their attempted purge in '71. Relations have gotten better, but there is no serious discussion anywhere about re-integration.

ninebucks

Banned
A joint Sino-Pakistani invasion of India. Pakistani troops are shifted over to China to assist in the attack on eastern India. Pakistan, for its troubles, insists on being able to reconquer Bangladesh. China agrees, and the two powers combined manage to seize control of the Seven Sisters, (for China), and Bangladesh, (for Pakistan).

Nothing is impossible per se, but I really don't think that this has a snowball's chance in hell. The Bangladeshis don't exactly care for Pakistan, and there is the little matter of India separating the two.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why the West Pakistanis would want Bangladesh back, once they had lost it.