AH Challenge! New Powers

Great Britain, France, Prussia/Germany, Austria, Russia. Practically every timeline has one of these nations becoming the main super-power. However, they already were once a superpower in actual history. This is supposed to be alternate history. Now, I've come across a few, but not many timelines where the original sea-fearing nations become powerful, i.e. Spain, Portugal, Denmark/Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands. Now in these countries cases they either over-claimed and colonized (Spain and Portugal,) under-claimed and colonized (Denmark/Norway and Sweden,) or spread their empire to far apart (Denmark/Norway and the Netherlands.) But say, for once, a TL emerges with all of the original powers becoming the modern-day powers, and their colonies becoming successful. Would the world be a better or worse place?

Spanish Oppurtunities:
New Spain
Peru
La Plata
New Granada
West Indies
Nootka
Phillippines
Pacific Islands

Portugese Oppurtunities:
Brazil
Gold Coast
Angola
East Africa
Oman/Arabia
India
East Indies

Danish/Norweigan Oppurtunities:
Greenland
Faroe Islands
Iceland
India
Ceylon
Nicobor Islands
West Indies
Gold Coast/Guinea Coast
East Indies

Swedish Oppurtunities:
New Sweden/Ft. Christina
Cape Coast/Ghana
West Indies

Dutch Oppurtunities:
East Indies
Ceylon
India
Formosa/Taiwan
Japan
New Holland
Cape Colony/South Africa
New Netherland
West Indies
Suriname
Guyana
Brazil

Now these are only territories actually held by these minor (or once major i.e. Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands) powers; But, again, as I said before, this is alternate history. So Dutch Arabia, Portugese North America, Spanish Australia, and Danish South Africa aren't far fetched! Just use you imagination.

The only problem from helping Imperium Daniae (Danish Empire,) or any other minor power becoming a superpower in actuality...alternate-historical actuality, that is... are the OTL major powers, namely Great Britain, France, Prussia/Germany, Austria, and Russia. Of course, for every minor-power oppurtunity, there are major power downfalls:

British Downfalls:
Long War of Roses
No English Reformation
Henry VIII has healthy son
Mary I has an heir
Jane stays Queen
Elizabeth deposed
longer, more chaotic Commonwealth

French Downfalls:
Regional Revolutions
Taken over by Catholic England and Spain
Heired to another Monarch

Prussian/German Downfalls:
Holy Roman Empire stays together
Greater Swedish expansion into the Continent
Greater Danish expansion into the Continent

Austrian Downfalls:**
Habsburg control doesn't extend into Hungary and the Balkans
Ottomans retain Hungary
Austria remaining a Continental power: (but not a colonial one)
Imperial Reform
etc.
Austria becoming a Colonial power:
Retainment & Earlier Acquisition of Belgium
Domination of HRE/HRE retains some Carib. and Venezuela
Austria acquires southern Italy/Expands into Africa
Österreicher Durchbrenne- my favorite:)

Russian Downfalls:
No Peter the Great
No Reform
Greater Swedish Expansion
Greater Turkish Expansion
etc.

**Austria could become a Colonial Power. "Bonus-points" if you could make that plausible. "Gouverneurgeneral vom österreichischen Karibischen Meer," anyone? I guess Austria doesn't really matter.

AH Challenge! Take any of these nation or scenarios, or make one of your own! The earliest PoD is 1400, so that gives you plenty of room. Have fun! An remember: This is AlternateHistory.com, keyword alternate

Good Luck!

-Aussey