AH challenge:more liberal america

Status
Not open for further replies.
---Cynical or Orwellian it also seems a question you apparently cannot answer. I maintain that the majority of white people move from their homes out of fear, hatred and/or hostility to your neighbors alone is not enough.

If whites do flee because of fear, than it is a fear that is not justified by the facts. Why? I submit we might better make an effort to find a reason for this rather than simply ascribing all evil in the world to white racism.----

Lets try it again. The "fear" that racist whites had when they left wasnt entirely of crime ,it was of living with black people and having their kids go to school with them. Who knows they might have liked them or actually wanted to have sex with or marry them? But wether the whites fled because of fear of crime,hatred or hostility it was all based on racism. All the evil in the US,at least as far as black people are concerned, isnt because white racism but most of it is.And attempting to deny it or misdirect it is not only cynical and Orwellian but also disgusting.

---It's not racist. How could it be? If the whites were racist simply for this, wouldn't they not let the blacks into their neighborhoods to begin with? I know they tried to stop it, but if they were truly racist, wouldn't they never give up? Or, to be crude, wouldn't they drive the blacks out? Just leaving is not racist. It is an attempt to avoid hostile confrontation.---

pathetic

---Segregation would have fallen without the federal government intervening, just as slavery would have fallen without the federal government intervening. It may have taken a decade or two, but it would have happened. Segregation, like slavery, was becoming increasingly infeasible. Whether the whites of the South were racist or not (they, obviously, were), segregation simply takes up too much time and effort. In the modern United States, even the whites of the South, like the whites of South Africa (which is an excellent example of segregation collapsing under its own weight), would see that it would be much more politically and economically useful to remove segregation, albeit somewhat later and slower.----

Even more pathetic

Michael E Johnson said:

I'm sorry. I don't see what's wrong whites leaving those neighborhoods. Aren't they, like blacks, allowed to live wherever they choose? If they choose to leave, that is their choice, and their's alone.

Whites comprise 76% percent of the population, so if whites suffer 90% of interracial crime, they are suffering at double the rate of members of minorities. In addition, interracial crimes are overwhelmingly an urban phenomenon, where the proporition of whites is far lower than in the population as a whole.

Whites are no longer in the majority in California, our largest state. It is not Sci Fi, it is simply the case that whites will no longer be in the majority by 2050, unless something dramatically changes population trends.

A radical shift in the ethnic balance of any state will be destabilizing, and disconcerting. I don't see why it's rocket science to recognize this. It creates problems that have to be dealt with constructively, rather than sitting back and blaming whitey for everything bad that has ever happened.

And let's not pretend that blacks aren't racist too. You can make a presumption of permanent innocence based on slavery, but that doesn't nake it true and it certainly won't facilitate improived race relations if the "race card" is played any time a black person doesn't get what they want or are subjected to the same standards as whites.

I'm still waiting for someone to claim it's racist that Janet Jackson is under pressure while Justin Timberlake is off the hook.

---I'm sorry. I don't see what's wrong whites leaving those neighborhoods. Aren't they, like blacks, allowed to live wherever they choose? If they choose to leave, that is their choice, and their's alone.---

And denying that they left mainly because of racism is apologism and its very pathetic.Any questions?

---if the "race card" is played any time a black person doesn't get what they want or are subjected to the same standards as whites.---

Actually this is the one of the "race cards " that whites ( and they have a full deck)constantly use to condemn affirmative action and to claim that racism isnt an issue in the US anymore,at least as far as poor, persecucted whites are concerned.I'm really not surprised to see it used here.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Abdul Hadi Pasha said:
Whites comprise 76% percent of the population, so if whites suffer 90% of interracial crime, they are suffering at double the rate of members of minorities. In addition, interracial crimes are overwhelmingly an urban phenomenon, where the proporition of whites is far lower than in the population as a whole.

Doesn't the second part invalidate the statistical comment of the first part ? Or is it the opposite...heck, I'm out of practice !

Abdul Hadi Pasha said:
Whites are no longer in the majority in California, our largest state. It is not Sci Fi, it is simply the case that whites will no longer be in the majority by 2050, unless something dramatically changes population trends.

I'm seen this one before, and you only get it by saying that Mexicans/Hispanics aren't white. I have a very good friend who falls into this racial category and he certainly doesn't view himself as black

Grey Wolf

Michael E Johnson said:
---if the "race card" is played any time a black person doesn't get what they want or are subjected to the same standards as whites.---

Actually this is the one of the "race cards " that whites ( and they have a full deck)constantly use to condemn affirmative action and to claim that racism isnt an issue in the US anymore,at least as far as poor, persecucted whites are concerned.I'm really not surprised to see it used here.

Well, don't be. "Racism" is called with such ubiquity that nobody pays proper attention when there is a legitimate problem. You just did it above with the parenthetical remark (and they have a full deck).

Michael E Johnson said:
...apologism and its very pathetic....

Could you please do me the courtesy of answering with something better than than either "apologism" or "pathetic"? I try to answer many of your statements, no matter how pathetic they may seem to me, elequontly and with thought. I'd appreciate if you could extend that same courtesy to me.

--Well, don't be. "Racism" is called with such ubiquity that nobody pays proper attention when there is a legitimate problem. You just did it above with the parenthetical remark (and they have a full deck).---

You should know that this is part of re-directing your misdirection.Anyone that wants to be honest about this issue knows that with the long history of the United States racism is something that blacks have experienced at the hands of whites 9.9 times out of 10 .Any "racism" that blacks feel in return towards 100's of years of continued mistreatment couldnt possibly morally or pratically have the same weight as white racism- which has ALWAYS been unwarranted and unjustified-except to people who like to pretend that it does.

Xen

Banned
Michael E Johnson said:
--Well, don't be. "Racism" is called with such ubiquity that nobody pays proper attention when there is a legitimate problem. You just did it above with the parenthetical remark (and they have a full deck).---

You should know that this is part of re-directing your misdirection.Anyone that wants to be honest about this issue knows that with the long history of the United States racism is something that blacks have experienced at the hands of whites 9.9 times out of 10 .Any "racism" that blacks feel in return towards 100's of years of continued mistreatment couldnt possibly morally or pratically have the same weight as white racism- which has ALWAYS been unwarranted and unjustified-except to people who like to pretend that it does.

Racism is unwarranted regardless of who distributes it. There is no reason for it. It doesnt matter if its whites doing it to blacks or visa versa. Its wrong. And playing tit for tat does not help matters any.

Damn and I didnt want to get involved in this crap.

---Could you please do me the courtesy of answering with something better than than either "apologism" or "pathetic"? ----

Sorry but I cherish every momnet of my life. So when I chose to confront the same tired recycled apologism with 1 word instead of the multi-word response I used previoulsy about the same thing its about me saving my moments. But it also FULLY exprsses what I feel about the same tired recycled apologism I'm responding to. Hope that helps :D

--Racism is unwarranted regardless of who distributes it. There is no reason for it. It doesnt matter if its whites doing it to blacks or visa versa. Its wrong. And playing tit for tat does not help matters any.

Damn and I didnt want to get involved in this crap.---

Great .Then dont imply that racism is a tit for tat situation in the US.It never has been and it still isnt.

Michael E Johnson said:
Sorry but I cherish every momnet of my life. So when I chose to confront the same tired recycled apologism with 1 word instead of the multi-word response I used previoulsy about the same thing its about me saving my moments. But it also FULLY exprsses what I feel about the same tired recycled apologism I'm responding to. Hope that helps :D

Wow, I can't believe it.

You're actually a bigger asshole than I previously thought.

Xen

Banned
Michael E Johnson said:
--Racism is unwarranted regardless of who distributes it. There is no reason for it. It doesnt matter if its whites doing it to blacks or visa versa. Its wrong. And playing tit for tat does not help matters any.

Damn and I didnt want to get involved in this crap.---

Great .Then dont imply that racism is a tit for tat situation in the US.It never has been and it still isnt.

It is this that you said

Any "racism" that blacks feel in return towards 100's of years of continued mistreatment couldnt possibly morally or pratically have the same weight as white racism- which has ALWAYS been unwarranted and unjustified-except to people who like to pretend that it does.

That just screams tit for tat. Perhaps its just the way you worded, or maybe I read it wrong. Neither of us are perfect.

---Wow, I can't believe it.

You're actually a bigger asshole than I previously thought.---

And here ladies-well gentlemen we have the famous 1st sign that someone feels they can no longer debate the ISSUE at hand -they get personal .I'd respond in kind but I'm sure you know what I think about you and your friends here. :p

Last edited:
"Great .Then dont imply that racism is a tit for tat situation in the US.It never has been and it still isnt."

--That just screams tit for tat. Perhaps its just the way you worded, or maybe I read it wrong. Neither of us are perfect.---

Granted.But this post wasnt directed at you but towards the individual I was responding to when you responded to me. Sorry for the confusion.

Michael E Johnson said:

That blacks have and do undeniably suffer from racism does not change the fact that not everything blacks suffer is due to racism. Because you have a chip on your shoulder so gigantic that you can't see over it, you missed my point entirely. I sincerely hope that someday you can get over your hatefulness and develop a constructive approach to race relations instead of magnifying the problem by alienating everyone around you.

Your statemetnt that black racism isn't as bad as white racism is unlikely to win over any hearts and minds, but good luck with that strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.