AH Challenge: Kurt Cobain and Princess Diana a couple

Just the other day I was speaking with a friend about famous people who left us too early. Eventually the topic turned to Kurt Cobain and Princess Diana.

We said: "Hey, I wonder if it was possible to make them a couple in a world where they both didn't die."

Well, is it?

Cobain decides in late '93 he needs downtime for depression. Courtney love is infuriated with the invasive media attention and gets privacy laws here and England strengthened so he can get out of the US for a while. Diana is not run off the road by invasive paparazzi after France matches the law following requests from several of its own native stars. Courtney and Kurt break up in 1997 after he slips back into depression while Diana checks in for treatment herself after her break-up that year. Six months later they quietly marry, ten months later comes twins Mary and Elizabeth Cobain (b. 1998) and a year later by daughter Sally Polyanna (b. 1999), then twins Henry and Charles Cobain (b. 2000). Another daughter is born on September 4, 2001 (Carol Windsor), unfortunately she and her parents are at the observation deck of the World Trade Center a week later. The resulting funeral is a mesh of grunge rock, royal pomp, and the fusion of jazz, soul, bagpipes, and classic rock Cobain had successfully debuted in the 1998 album known as 'Edinburgh Twisted'.

Last edited:
Just the other day I was speaking with a friend about famous people who left us too early. Eventually the topic turned to Kurt Cobain and Princess Diana.

We said: "Hey, I wonder if it was possible to make them a couple in a world where they both didn't die."

Well, is it?

I would doubt it. For all her supposed populism, I think Diana still felt more at home in the company of ancestrally wealthy individuals, or at least people who acted like they came from wealth. I don't think she'd go for an American rock musician of middle-class origins who deliberately cultivated a down-and-out image.

I would doubt it. For all her supposed populism, I think Diana still felt more at home in the company of ancestrally wealthy individuals, or at least people who acted like they came from wealth. I don't think she'd go for an American rock musician of middle-class origins who deliberately cultivated a down-and-out image.

The reaction of the Royals would be absolutely hilarious though. They would completely flip their shit. Especially Philip.

That could only happen with a different Cobain personality. If he had embraced global success and milked it, Nirvana would have gone the stadium rock route, with them becoming the Foo Fighters and himself as a 1990s Chris Martin. Then he could even end up in aristocratic/Sloanie circles. Though I guess that even in this scenario, Cobain would rather end up either with a hip actress like Chloe Sevigny or a supermodel like Kate Moss or Kristen McMenamy.

Cobain decides in late '93 he needs downtime for depression. Courtney love is infuriated with the invasive media attention and gets privacy laws here and England strengthened so he can get out of the US for a while. Diana is not run off the road by invasive paparazzi after France matches the law following requests from several of its own native stars. Courtney and Kurt break up in 1997 after he slips back into depression while Diana checks in for treatment herself after her break-up that year. Six months later they quietly marry, ten months later comes twins Mary and Elizabeth Cobain (b. 1998) and a year later by daughter Sally Polyanna (b. 1999), then twins Henry and Charles Cobain (b. 2000). Another daughter is born on September 4, 2001 (Carol Windsor), unfortunately she and her parents are at the observation deck of the World Trade Center a week later. The resulting funeral is a mesh of grunge rock, royal pomp, and the fusion of jazz, soul, bagpipes, and classic rock Cobain had successfully debuted in the 1998 album known as 'Edinburgh Twisted'.

Nope, the only OTP is Kurt Cobain with Selena, this is ASB.

54ae2e85f93a416590ae02bbcdf1d9c6.jpg

(Come from a musical imitator show,xd)