A New Map Challenge...

There's not much of a difference in this map than OTL, only a few things
which you might find interesting...

Blue: France; Pink: Italy; Purple: Spain; Yellow:portugal. Britain still has its commonwealth, but doesn't get a 'special' colour because it is no longer an empire as such.

2005.GIF

Maybe Hitler dies of a heart attack between the taking of Czechoslovakia and the attack on Poland, the Generals turn on the NSDAP and annihilate them in a short civil war. I can't explain Italy in Tunisia. A fight with France will destroy them and the German junta won't fight for fear of Britain entry. Neither Britain or France will let Greece die, especially at Italian hands, without a fight. And don't even get me started on Yemen (Britain only even owned South Yemen) and British Somaliland.

Italy gets Bhutan? I guess I can't see things that small. Regardless of the Bhutan thing, it looks mostly like a 1930's fascists win some sort of European War.

Germany includes Austria, parts of Poland and Sudeten area, Hungary is huge and controls a lot of Balkans, Russia/USSR is broken up, Vichy France has her colonies, Franco's Spain and Salizar's Portugal have good sized colonies. Possibly the British "commonwealth" has arisen from the Empire because the UK had to sign an armistice with Hitler and his allies.

Their must have been some sort of Pacific War which Japan lost because her empire is gone. China is intact and Korea is divided (why, who knows?).

hmm....Something interwars. Nazi Germany doesn't invade Poland? They do have Czechslovakia and Austria.
Don't know how the soviets could keep quiet though.

For the empires I think that France, Italy and Spain may have just had the latin stubborness that Portugal and France showed IOTL- continuing to hold onto colonies despite it being utterly uneconomic in the modern day.

Perhaps it's a variant of a German WWI victory scenario...

The Central Powers win, but Austria collapses. Germany grabs Austria, and lets the Hungarians have the rest.

The POD might be Italin entry in the war on the side of the Central Powers--this would explain their territorial gains.

EDIT: Portugal seems to control a lot more of East Africa, including German territory. How'd they get it?

France looks to have Alsace-Lorraine so I don't think thats it.
Unless there is another war after.

Poland lost land. France seems to have held on to much of West Africa. Portugal and Spain must have gotten into World War I in TTL.

It looks like all of the Soviet republics (except Moldova) exist and are independent. It also looks like the Kaliningrad enclave exists.

Portugal has the pre-WWI German African possessions. Belgian Congo looks independent as well. Italy has Tunisia.

Portugal has Bombay.

It looks like Germany wins at Stalingrad, allowing more reinforcements to be sent to North Africa. England makes peace with Germany in order to hold onto its colonies in India and the Mid-East--especially the Suez Canal.

The American landing in North Africa are a dismal failure, leading FDR to put even more resources into the atomic program. By the time the first A-bomb is ready, Germany holds all of the Western Soviet Union.

The US starts flinging nukes around and France, Portugal, Italy and Spain ally themselves to the US. After Germany and Japan surrender, the US uses the nuke-threat to force the Bolsheviks from power.

England still winds up giving up India, but in the ensuing civil war, Portugal and Italy see thier chance to grab some territory. The Portagee successfully capture Bombay but the Italian expeditionary force is defeated and retreats into Bhutan. The US allows Portugal and Italy to hold onto what they captured but tells them to butt-out otherwise.

I'm going with a pre-World War 1 POD. Spain and Portugal apparently entered on the Entente side in force. I say this because Spain is in apparent control of Deutsches Kamerun, and Portugal has gained Sud-West Afrika instead of South Africa getting it as in OTL. Maybe Hitler was shot by a Spanish soldier on the Western Front who wasn't there in our world, and someone a little more moderate comes to power in Germany, who is satisfied with Austria and the Sudetenland and parts of Poland?

Germany does not seem to have any of Post WWI Poland's territory, I can only assume everyone saying Germany does have Polish territory is basing that off the modern Polish borders. The scenario of Hitler taking Austria and the Czechs but not Poland does fit pretty well with the German borders, so that could be part of the ATL. On the other hand, the situation in Africa could suggest a much earlier PoD than the 1930's.