a new map challenge...

Just a few preliminary notes...

It is the year 2005...

Besides those powers which in OTL are monarchies: Greece, Italy, Germany, and Turkey are constitutional monarchies. Hungary and Austria are ruled by the Habsburgs, Russia took back the Romanovs after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Serbia and Belarus are authoritarian regimes; Ukraine has a pro - western (American) government which is a source of annoyance for Russia. Poland has a figure head President, but is in reality governed by the Army and the aristocracy, and Estonia/Latvia are little more than puppet states supported by Poland. Slovakia and Croatia are constitutional democracies.

As for colonies: France has retained Tunisia and Algeria; Italy has Albania, Libya, Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea; Germany has German South West Africa (renamed Brandenburg in 1952); the United Kingdom has fully divested itself of colonies, establishing a 'commonwealth' as per otl - but in this timeline it has the benefit of a free trade agreement for the member states. Russia has lost Central Asia as otl, and Sakhalin + Vladivostok to the Japanese.

Lastly, the colour palate in my paint program is screwed up and only lets me use a few colours, so where one country shares the same colour as another this does not mean that they are owned by one or the other.

1937euro.gif

Looks like just one PoD to me, an altered WWI which (among other effects) allows Romanov survival in the Russian Revolution. It's how WWII plays out after that change that creates this situation.

NomadicSky

Banned
Not about your timeline but...

Why the poor map quality I use the same template

Attachments

• 2000.bmp
    236.2 KB · Views: 800

Highlander

Banned
It always seemed to me that an united Britain would greatly weaken England . . . also considering that these groups would most like not be friendly towards each other.

NomadicSky

Banned
Yeah it has a preww1 pod with a diffrent system of alliances
I seem to use that map template a lot too Thankyou matthew white
this map has a ww1 pod and I think it looks better

Deutschland1.PNG

NomadicSky said:
Yeah it has a preww1 pod with a diffrent system of alliances
I seem to use that map template a lot too Thankyou matthew white
this map has a ww1 pod and I think it looks better
Hmm, seems like you show this map off a lot...

borgsmile.gif

map of my own. Italian Empire vs European Union time line. (not called the EU but very close in every other way) the grey is disputed areas. notice cyprus is one, which is very important to this timeline.

MAP5.JPG