A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

Numbers of India seems complete ASB between 2015. 2016 there growth is unprecedented a direct jump of 1.3 Trillion. Numbers of UK and SK also looks wrong.

Should Russia pursue participatory budgeting on a local scale?
A) Yes
B) No
B-No. Russia has only been a democratic country for two decades a this point, only now are people entering the workforce, and the voting booths, that did not grow up under the Soviet Union. Russia just does not have the democratic traditions necessary for us to try these theories. It is simply best to stick with what we know works.

Should the new government coalition (whoever it is) pursue liquid democracy at local levels in Russia?
B) No
Should marijuana be legalized in Russia?
A) Yes
B) No.

Numbers of India seems complete ASB between 2015. 2016 there growth is unprecedented a direct jump of 1.3 Trillion. Numbers of UK and SK also looks wrong.
I get it but, first and foremost, @panpiotr boosted a lot of countries, see: this.
Then there are two specific increases, two specific decreases and a decrease of an increase and some minor hacks:
  • The growth path of India specifically is the bigger amount for 2009 that panpiotr wanted, then a consistent boost of 102% compared to OTL from 2009 to 2028. No more, no less.
  • The growth path of Japan was specifically boosted 2009-2011 on his request to 105% of OTL
  • The growth of the USA was reduced to 98,52% of OTL
  • The growth of China was also reduced to 98,52% of OTL, but they got a large boost in 2009, so they start a lot higher then OTL
  • The growth of the Union State is much flatter and lower then originally agreed with panpiotr
  • The growth of Germany is boosted a lot in 2009 but then goes slightly lower towards the last years in 2020
  • The UK, South Korea etc got the boost of 2009, but is 100% OTL for the rest

Last edited:
A) Yes
B) No

I have the same reservation, but a different conclusion:
A) but at the smaller level with smaller municpalities. So that in a decade you'd be do this at an oblast level, in 15-20 at the state level. And maybe some day at the level of the whole Union
Same...I would also vote for A but with reservation, and I would only agree at least unlike liquid democracy, there is actual track record of a so-called subunit (in this case, Porto Alegre) in which its implementation that could be learned...

Dear players/readers I would really appreciate you sharing your ideas/initiative Russia could or should pursue.
How’s the state of climate change ITTL? We’ve been active on the environmental front, but how about we directly combat carbon emissions through development of carbon capture tech? We can also contribute to restoring Siberia’s permafrost.

Another thing is AI. That developing tech could be useful in military and economic coordination.

Fully enclosed 'Smart' systems. To make home programs that can adjust lights and temps automatically. Automatically adjust and manage greenhouses and factories, and provide valuable experiance that would aid in developing space infrastructure and bases.

Also Vertical Farming, but that is a seperate thing.

I would say that we could allow controlled budgeting. Basically city decides how much money from its own budget it will give to PB.

But not entire budget as those are needed for public projects that government of the city seeks to implement and that we in general as government of the Union and oblasts will actually need for projects like military spending, space exploration, resources extraction and infrastructure building as well as helping to develop less developed oblasts.

So yea, i would say yes to limited and Controlled PB, but no to giving them control over entire local budget.
Its never the entire budget. Its a slice of it. Thats how the idea is applied worldwide today. We are mostly talking about surpluses.

Last edited:
How’s the state of climate change ITTL? We’ve been active on the environmental front, but how about we directly combat carbon emissions through development of carbon capture tech? We can also contribute to restoring Siberia’s permafrost.

Another thing is AI. That developing tech could be useful in military and economic coordination.
I would say in Russia the situation is much better to OTL, as globally we are at the forefront of nature preservation. The rest of the world is more or less OTL i think.

Dear players/readers I would really appreciate you sharing your ideas/initiative Russia could or should pursue.
russia should have their own technological company (like huawei in china or samsung in south korea) with main focus in smartphone, but also gradually computers, headphones, semi-conductor, and a smart home system like below.
Fully enclosed 'Smart' systems. To make home programs that can adjust lights and temps automatically.

For me, its:

-Build a nation-wide high speed rail network.
-Develop a universal healthcare system.
-Fund and develop clean energy projects.
-Ensure all people have access to safe, quality housing.
-Develop a robust social safety net.
-Expand access to higher education.
-Address wealth inequality and corrpution.
-Support arts and culture.
-Invest in infrastructure.
-Expand environmental protections.
-Fund research and development in new and emerging technologies.

For me, its:

-Build a nation-wide high speed rail network.
-Develop a universal healthcare system.
-Fund and develop clean energy projects.
-Ensure all people have access to safe, quality housing.
-Develop a robust social safety net.
-Expand access to higher education.
-Address wealth inequality and corrpution.
-Support arts and culture.
-Invest in infrastructure.
-Expand environmental protections.
-Fund research and development in new and emerging technologies.
We are in progress in all of these points already

Reintegrating the Caucasus region, by that thanks to the separatists in Chechnya and the war a lot of the area has been damaged and ''disconnected'' by that the idea of saying travelling from Rostov to Chechnya for a hiking trip or deciding to settle in the area should be as risky given the bloody years and fear of terrorism still exist.

This might not sound that bad in the present but the recent war scare with Türkiye exposed that the Caucasus's is likely going to be one of our most vulnerable borders and thus requires some refurbishment.

By this I mean promoting Tourism in Russia and the idea of migrating to it, Krasnodar Krai has a sub tropical environment so not impossible, boosting the regional economies by renovating old infrastructure and trying to foster more transnational trade with say Georgia and Azerbaijan while unlikely never to regain the old soviet level with the possible exception of Georgia is not a bad ideal to pursue.

The hope is to reinforce our control over the region by encouraging more people to migrate, increase ties with local states and hopefully boost the economy.