2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Bunny,

Congratulations on another anniversary. I salute you and your fellow authors on a job well done! I eagerly await further installments in this ever expanding saga.

Your devoted reader,
AH

Another infobox I did because I was bored.

This is the Walken cabinet infobox as of December 2017. The picture is taken from this post back in 2011.

wwwalken.png

The only changes I made were to the position of HUD Secretary and EPA Administrator.

For HUD, I found out that Wade's successor after she was shuffled to Agriculture was never named, so I'm establishing the current HUD secretary as Samuel Ellis, who was the deputy secretary of HUD in the first Walken term. As for the EPA, I found that the person Tim Thomason named had the same name (not sure if it was coincidental) as a former Democratic governor of Nebraska who lost the 2012 senate election there. In order to retcon this away, I'm establishing that Norman became EPA director as a bipartisan gesture by Walken and then resigned to seek the Democratic nomination, after which he was replaced by businessman Greg Robinson, who had declined the offer of EPA Administrator when Walken offered it to him after 2010.

Last edited:
Another infobox I did because I was bored.

This is the Walken cabinet infobox as of December 2017. The picture is taken from this post back in 2011.

View attachment 358498

The only changes I made were to the position of HUD Secretary and EPA Administrator.

For HUD, I found out that Wade's successor after she was shuffled to Agriculture was never named, so I'm establishing the current HUD secretary as Samuel Ellis, who was the deputy secretary of HUD in the first Walken term. As for the EPA, I found that the person Tim Thomason named had the same name (not sure if it was coincidental) as a former Democratic governor of Nebraska who lost the 2012 senate election there. In order to retcon this away, I'm establishing that Norman became EPA director as a bipartisan gesture by Walken and then resigned to seek the Democratic nomination, after which he was replaced by businessman Greg Robinson, who had declined the offer of EPA Administrator when Walken offered it to him after 2010.
State Secretary is Bradley Gilmore now.

Congrats on entering a new year and thank you for keeping this going it has drawn me back to the site every few days ever since i first found it.

I do like what you are doing with Josh even if many don't
He is following the path of his mentor Leo and is in a destructive phase. Let us hope he realises it matures a bit and can becomes a great statesman.

upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Thursday December 7th 2017

Seaborn campaign re-launched as Chorley reads the riot act to campaign staff

The new re-launched Seaborn presidential campaign is underway. The California Senator arrived back in Iowa today three days after the major changes in his campaign team. It was far more low key when Seaborn turned up for a Town Hall meeting in Davenport he got out a station wagon having flown in a regular flight. Gone was the "Battle Bus" and the private plane previously used which had been termed "Sam Force One". The campaign also seems to be using more Town Hall style meeting rather than the big style rallies which had been the feature of the Lyman/Pierce campaign.

Also footage has emerged today of new campaign Manager Marc Chorley speaking to campaign staff in Des Moines on Monday just hours after his appointment. The footage taken from a mobile phone shows Chorley standing on a table rallying staff as well as what one staffer called "reading the riot act".

"I want no-one from his campaign to be talking about a General Election campaign against Clark or Shallick, I want no-one to talking about possible VP's or even Cabinet appointments, if you do and I hear about it you will be fired on the spot" adding "We are in the fight of our political lives against a well oiled and well funded political machine (The Thorn Campaign), we can still win, but have no doubt this is an old fashioned street fight for the Democratic Presidential nomination. That is all we have to be focused on, nothing else".

At the end Chorley who is making a name for himself in Democratic campaign circles especially after steering Richmond Mayor Bobby Tyler to victory in the Virginia gubernatorial election was cheered and clapped.

Last edited:
NHK
Thursday December 7th, 2017

Breaking News!

Large explosion reported in Hokkaido!

It has just been reported that a massive explosion was reported in Hokkaido by social media. The massive explosion shattered windows, woke people up and caused damage to the city of Asahikawa in the Kamikawa sub-prefecture. NHK offices in Asahikawa are reporting a bright light streaking over the city and a a few minutes later a loud explosion and ground tremors.

Panic has begun to fill the streets of Asahikawa as people fear this is an attack by China or North Korea.

The Prime Minister was informed and has an emergency cabinet meeting. Hokkaido Governor Sachiko Fujinuma has begged for calm as has Asahikawa mayor Taishi Ichimiya.

Last edited:
OOC: Having just finished watching the Debate Night episode I have to ask what happened to Sam.

I mean obviously you don't want to make him an invulnerable superman but it's Sam. He should be wiping the floor with everyone

NHK
Friday December 8th, 2017

Large explosion in Hokkaido is a Meteor

It has been announced by Chief Cabinet Secretary Kamei Kazuki and Prime Minister Junichiro that the explosion that happened late last night was a meteor that exploded at about a height of 22 kilometers in the atmosphere. It exploded at about 15 kilometers northeast of Asahikawa. The shock wave is believed to have caused most the injuries and damage. Air Self Defense Force Chief of Staff General Iwane Ritsushima stated at first they believed it to be a North Korean rocket but the trajectory had the object coming from China. JAXA, the CNAS, KARI, Roscosmos, the ESA, and NASA confirm the object was a meteor that came into Earth's orbit and was pulled to the planet. The International Space Station has footage of the meteor over Japan.

The local hospitals are overrun with people injured by debris cased by the exploding meteor. There are people looking for meteor fragments near the town of Pippu as it was closet to the explosion. The meteor's fragments are quickly appearing on the internet and being sold.

A large meteor fragment is believed to have continued on from the explosion and crashed into Iwaonai Lake and a diver unit of the Ground Self Defense Force and Prefecture Police have been mobilized. Fragments of the meteor have been reported from the cities of Sunagawa and Takikawa to the town of Takinoue. People have found minor craters form peices as big as baseballs and footballs under the meteor's explosion area in Asahikawa and Pippu to Mount Teshio and Mount Shokotsu. Smaller fragments have been found all along the path of the meteor.

Minister Seiji Okouchi, Minister for Disaster Management and Chairperson of the National Public Safety Commission stated he has been in contact with Governor Sachiko Fujinuma of Hokkaido and Mayor Taishi Ichimiya of Asahikawa. They have asked for GSDF Troops to aide in medical operations and helping transport injured to hospitals in Sapporro and further if needed.

Prime Minister Junichiro will go to Asahikawa in the next few days. She has reached out to her counterparts in America, Mainland Asia, and Europe expressing concern about another such object exploding over a larger city.

Scientists are already comparing Thursday night's blast to the Tunguska event of 1908. In that event it is believed a meteor, comet, or an asteriod of some sort exploded over the Siberian region while entering the atmosphere. The object exploded with the estimated force of a 10 to fifteen megaton nuclear bomb. Some scholars estimate it is up to thirty megatons. A fifteen megaton bomb is 1000 times greater than the one dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. In Tunguska, that event flattened an estimated 80 million trees over an area of 2,150 square kilometers. It is believed Thursday's meteor was much smaller but an exact estimate remains unknown.

Last edited:
abcnews.com, Friday December 8th

Gault polls 2nd in shock Iowa Poll

The campaign of Kansas Governor Peter Gault will be thrilled this morning after the latest polling Iowa suggested that he was pulling closer to front runner Henry Shallick in the race to win the first in the nation caucus. The poll for ABC news suggests that Shallick leads with 34%, the lowest total he’s attracted throughout the election cycle, with Gault only 6 points behind on 28%. Vice-President Liz Clark trails in 3rd on 21%.

Gault’s team have been saying for weeks that the candidates cut through on the ground would eventually translate to polling numbers and that is starting to come through. Those close to the campaign were expecting a huge backlash from the Shallick team this week, thus far they have avoided deploying much of their vast war-chest in Iowa and almost none of that has been directed towards Gault.

GOP strategist Mike Reynolds told Capitol Beat this morning that there was “clear and significant movement in the Iowa numbers. It is clear Gault is cutting through and Shallick, who has taken the state as won for months may need to divert attention from South Carolina and Florida where he is spending significant resources to defend his position.”

upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Friday December 8th 2017

Stray pushing hard in Iowa

Maine Governor Paris Stray who has pushed herself into the Democratic presidential stakes on the back on two well received debate performances was back in Iowa today ahead of a busy schedule in the Hawkeye State.

The Stray campaign lead by former Governor Lionel Thompson see a chance with the campaign teams issues in the Seaborn campaign and the fact they believe voters still do not trust the front-runner New York Senator Andrew Thorn because of his business dealings, and the fact none of the other contenders are making much of an impact she breakthrough as a serious contender.

"The more people listern to what the Governor has to say and looks at her record in Maine, they like what they see" Lionel Thompson told KFPX-TV in Des Monies "I am not saying the Governor will win the caucuses but with a month to go where are doing better than many predicated and that the polls are starting to move in the Governors favour".

Stray herself was visiting North High School in Des Moines this morning before Town Hall meetings in the City this afternoon and evening.

A casual Paris Stray on the campaign trail in Iowa this morning

nbs.com, Friday December 8th

Ritchie Throws Support To Shallick In Surprise Campaign Appearance

Despite previous suggestions that we would stay on the sidelines until his party had a confirmed nominee Florida Governor James Ritchie this evening made the surprise move to endorse Missouri Governor Henry Shallick saying that he had thought about it “long and hard”.

Ritchie had previous endorsed his close friend Mike Schofield, but as the Georgia Governor’s campaign ground to a halt he suggested that he wouldn’t be backing any other candidate until the party had a confirmed nominee. Some suggested that his decision to back Schofield was a sign that he wasn’t a fan of either of the leading candidates.

At some point over the past week Ritchie met with Shallick and seems to have been won over to his candidacy leading to this evening’s fairly low key appearance.

Ritchie's father Rob, the GOP nominee in 2002, has already backed Shallick and tonight the younger Ritchie told the crowd in Orlando that Shallick was “the outstanding candidate to carry on the legacy of President Walken.” Ritchie also took a shot at the “growing leftist extremism” of the Democrats saying “America can’t afford to return to the destructive tax and spend of the Bartlet years.”

The news will be a blow to Vice-President Liz Clark, her team made significant attempts to elicit Ritchie’s endorsement last summer. The VP’s campaign seems to be picking up some momentum heading into start of voting but they’d certainly have liked to snag Ritchie’s backing.

nbs.com, Saturday December 9th

Seaborn: “Gault candidacy tells you all you need to know about Republican Party”

California Senator Sam Seaborn continued with his more aggressive approach this morning as he took shots at his Democratic rivals before turning his fire on the wider Republican Party. Seaborn appeared at a rally in New Hampshire where he has spent much of the last week and told the crowd that “we need to fight for the little guy, not the 1% who run big corporations” the comments are likely to be seen as a shot at Democratic front runner, Senator, Andrew Thorn - whose billionaire father Lucas runs the family corporation.

Seaborn took a more direct shot at his rival saying “surrendering on welfare shouldn’t be in our DNA”. Thorn has recently suggested that the party had to move on from welfare as a key issue.

Perhaps not surprisingly Seaborn reserved his strongest attacks for the Republicans, taking aim at Kansas Governor Peter Gault saying his “anti-science, anti-women, 1950s agenda tells you everything you need to know about our opponents.”

The Gault camp fired back almost instantly via social media with the Governor tweeting “couldn’t be happier to be the opposite side of the debate than ultra liberal, open borders, freedom opposing @senatorseaborn.”

Status
Not open for further replies.