1913 - A Most Unusual Explosion in Vienna

Say that in Vienna, in the year 1913, a Post Office is blown up by a single madman who wanted to get revenge for some imagined slight.

This man used dynamite to destroy the building and did so during business hours.

Unfortunately, many clients and post office workers died in the resulting explosion.

However, by pure coincidence, among the dead were some very strange people.

You see, in 1913 all of these men lived in Vienna and all of them perished in the explosion:

Adolf Hitler, Leon Trotsky, Joseph Tito, Sigmund Freud and Joseph Stalin.

And with their deaths, history was forever changed.

How?

Evil most evil, but why do you regard Sigmund peer with those others ;)

Josip Broz (Tito) did NOT live in Vienna - he was employed By Austro Daimer in Wiener Neustadt (a town a good deal SOUTH of Vienna) and lived in Neudörfl with his brother (is a town in the then West Hungary)

I would say this. Germany would still have an evil dictator but not as bad as Hitler. It is entirely possible that Germany might have become a dictatorship, but be under control of a "sane" dictator.

USSR collapses without the proper leadership of Trotsky or Stalin. Possibly the USSR will collapse into a current day like "Russian Federation".

If that happened, there would be no World War 2 in my opinion. Hitler wanted land and to exterminate any beings lower than he was. However, if Hitler didn't exist, it is possible that this never happens, thus Poland is never invaded, thus France and Britain never declares war, thus Germany doesn't sign a non-aggression pact with the Soviets (aka Russians).

I would say this. Germany would still have an evil dictator but not as bad as Hitler. It is entirely possible that Germany might have become a dictatorship, but be under control of a "sane" dictator.

USSR collapses without the proper leadership of Trotsky or Stalin. Possibly the USSR will collapse into a current day like "Russian Federation".

QUOTE]

HUH?!? maybe with out Trotsky or Stalin the Soviet Union matures and becomes a better nation and not a cult of Stalin.. maybe things turn out better

Wasn't Trotsky's leadership pretty important for the victory of the Reds in the civil war? Without him, I'd think there's a chance the USSR will not exist at all...

As for scenarios that kill off Broz, I prefer the one where he gets trampled by a Circassian cavalry charge, but I guess this one works too.

Wasn't Trotsky's leadership pretty important for the victory of the Reds in the civil war? Without him, I'd think there's a chance the USSR will not exist at all...

I think the reds still would have won the Civil War either way if any of the revolutions or the war even take place the same.... maybe with out trotskys loud mouth the west might not be so overly screwed up paranoid..
however and again.. this might butterfly the revolution away all together..

who is to say that something like this doesn't get more security concerns from Vienna and it avoids WW 1 all together...

who is to say that something like this doesn't get more security concerns from Vienna and it avoids WW 1 all together...

Maybe...though it's not like these things hadn't happened, Franz Joseph's wife was assassinated in 1898; if that didn't improve the security much I don't think this post office attack would improve it either.