A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

Baltics, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, the Stans. That's it. Leave Georgia and such independent, obviously same with Finland & Poland. Normalise the relationship with the EU, be the joint counterbalance with EU, Japan and Russia vs US vs China. Be friends with India, most of the African mineral resource owners, try to get Afghanistan stable, even if you have to use US and China together as well.

The end of the American Empire. The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment in a decadent city far from here, the United States lies to the world. This fierce story which you have made, upon which we read, will bring an end to the US Government. To their cherished military. All remaining nations will bow to Russia, and will remember this as the final decades of the United States of America.

Last edited:
Maintaining good relationship with central and western European nation. Regain influence on Balkan and cooperation in baltics . Gaining back Crimea without war with Ukraine and getting them back in our team. If possible try to make Kazakhstan join our new union. Improve relations with china,India.Basically try to make more effective Brics and Shanghai pact to oppose G8 and America.

Good relations with both Europe, China and India, Russia may be part of both G8 and BRICS. If something like OTL happens (China in opposite direction of the West) try to play both sides instead of choosing China side. Act kinda like the geopolitics of countries like Saudi Arabia, India and Indonesia

Taking into account recent votes, I think that we have made a final choice for course of out foreign policy, that is Eurasianism. But, the main question is what should be our endgoal - restoration of Russian Empire in new form; Finlandization of Europe, or something else. What is your opinion on this dear readers?
Russia needs to restore its borders by regaining Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Caucasus countries (if possible because of ties, natural resources and geographical defense of the Caucasus Mountains) and Central Asia through diplomacy if possible, not war . Not just because of natural resources but also because of population as well. But not Finland and Poland, people there want independence. As for Baltic states, if possible to make rejoin, take the chance, because of their location and Russia needs to stop NATO expansion into former USSR.

Last edited:
Going to sound a bit bizarre I will admit but don't see much attraction in the Baltics, by that in general it seems whatever gains we can get will not be worth the retaliation.

Sure they do tend to pretty hostile to Russia and Russians, but we can retaliate against them because they are pretty small easily enough.

I suppose their could be a legitimate argument for say Lithuania given it's the biggest nation and would connect us to Kalingrad but seems a white elephant to swallow because of it's history.

By that it would be viewed as a pure landgrab by outsiders, something that would get most of Europe hostile but would more importantly strengthen the imperialist movements inside of Russia which A we appease and get into further conflicts which is going to end in ruin or risk being overthrown by a movement that will do that.

I don't mind turning up the temperature with them by destabilising actions or shooting across the border if it comes to it but think the Baltics in general are just not worth annexing.

Ultimately they are just three small European nations with less people than than 5 million people I think we should work on forming individual relations to and form a working relationship with, if that's not possible simply work around them.

I wouldn't take any nation by force. However, economic dominance plus no corruption can be a very very nice tool (with some nice sweetners like reduced tariffs and lower prices on Russian goods) can easily nuke their desire of independence.

I wouldn't take any nation by force. However, economic dominance plus no corruption can be a very very nice tool (with some nice sweetners like reduced tariffs and lower prices on Russian goods) can easily nuke their desire of independence.
Nevertheless we will see a teritorrial expansion of Russia - now we are merging with Belarus, and after the next update there will be a vote whether Tranzistria and Gaugazia should join the new Union State.

Going to sound a bit bizarre I will admit but don't see much attraction in the Baltics, by that in general it seems whatever gains we can get will not be worth the retaliation.

Sure they do tend to pretty hostile to Russia and Russians, but we can retaliate against them because they are pretty small easily enough.

I suppose their could be a legitimate argument for say Lithuania given it's the biggest nation and would connect us to Kalingrad but seems a white elephant to swallow because of it's history.

By that it would be viewed as a pure landgrab by outsiders, something that would get most of Europe hostile but would more importantly strengthen the imperialist movements inside of Russia which A we appease and get into further conflicts which is going to end in ruin or risk being overthrown by a movement that will do that.

I don't mind turning up the temperature with them by destabilising actions or shooting across the border if it comes to it but think the Baltics in general are just not worth annexing.

Ultimately they are just three small European nations with less people than than 5 million people I think we should work on forming individual relations to and form a working relationship with, if that's not possible simply work around them.
Baltics are important from geostrategic position, because Baltic states in NATO automatically turn the Baltic Sea into a Western Lake. Furthermore, due to proximity of Baltic states to St. Petersburg, they could be used by the enemy to blocade Kaliningrad, attack St Petersburg with missiles or attack Russia to cut Moscow-Petersburg connection, to cut the northern Russia from rest of the country.

Last edited:
Taking into account recent votes, I think that we have made a final choice for course of out foreign policy, that is Eurasianism. But, the main question is what should be our endgoal - restoration of Russian Empire in new form; Finlandization of Europe, or something else. What is your opinion on this dear readers?

So first we should talk about Russian sphere of influence. Honestly in that regard our goal should be to convert CIS/EEU /CSTO from economic and military alliance to political alliance as well as found political institutions to govern these bodies and give those political institutions legally binding powers. Basically reverse the loss of Soviet Union, minus the Baltics, but definitely include Balkan states (including Greece).

While we regained some influence in post Soviet region if Russia truly wants to stand as independent and significant pole of the multipolar world it need to convert its soft control of the region back to hard control, maybe not hard like in times of USSR, but definitely harder then what EU has, this was the logic of German states in Europe before German unification and is logic of EU now, as long as ex Soviet space doesn't stand completely united we cannot truly compete and will always be in danger of losing our backyard. Ukraine, Stan's, Caucasus,Balkans don't need to join Union State as much as form new Euroasian institutions with us abd agree to ceede us part of their sovereignty for economic growth and protection.

Regarding world approach and struggle between America and China, work with the one that seeks to bring multipolar world. Yes that means China but the way i see multipolarism and founding of multipolar institutions is the future, so I would say work with China, but also work to bring India to balance China within these institutions.

Regarding EU, i still stand that Finlandization is unrealistic goal, what we should do is present ourselves as respectable and fair partner and divide the concensus on how to deal with us on both sides of Atlantic Ocean. We should also welcome centralization of EU and its states taking more responsibility for their security and even negotiate important security matters with them opposed to going straight to Washington.

Still we should strive to mantain good relations with US and West in general as well as mantain our position in G8 and even deepen the cooperation. Despite out goals we should always have an open partnership and strive to cooperate with US and west opposed to taking side's. Especially in the matters that are insignificant to us globally and Western cooperation and economic ties would serve us well.

So generally i wouldn't say we should play both China and USA against each others as much as cooperate with both on set of already established goals.

Last edited:
Regarding EU, i still stand that Finlandization is unrealistic goal, what we should do is present ourselves as respectable and fair partner and divide the concensus on how to deal with us on both sides of Atlantic Ocean. We should also welcome centralization of EU and its states taking more responsibility for their security and even negotiate important security matters with them opposed to going straight to Washington.
Ok, this is my personal opinion and I wont push story in this direction because of this, but I think that without the American military presence in Europe, demilitarized EU would be scared to death of TTL's Russia and its military and economic power, and the Western Europe would do almost everything to find an agreement with Russia, which most likely would in subjugation of Central and Eastern Europe by us.

Ok, this is my personal opinion and I wont push story in this direction because of this, but I think that without the American military presence in Europe, demilitarized EU would be scared to death of TTL's Russia and its military and economic power, and the Western Europe would do almost everything to find an agreement with Russia, which most likely would in subjugation of Central and Eastern Europe by us.

Key word being "without US military presence" unlikely to happen as we cannot force US out, while end goal of Western Europe isn't retreat of US as much as strategic autonomy. Really any such initiative would need to come from US itself recalculating that Eastern/Central Europe isn't worth continued Russian animosity and it deciding to retreat to German borders.

This would include USA deciding that NATO became a burden to it and its competition against China and that it wants to focus eastward, or it wants to resolve its tensions with Russia. With this we would see US exist NATO abd generally replace it with more Western European oriented security system with rest of Western Europe following behind leaving Eastern/Central Europe to us.

For us we need to ask ourselves do we want to subjugate Central/Eastern Europe? Baltic state are probable as they would be easy to manage. But rest aren't really attractive. Poland and much of Central Europe were under Russian domination already and depite it they proved resilient to integration and given their anonymity and cultural difference we generally don't want them in Russian dominated Euroasia as that would potentially break the quorum we have.

What we probably want is neutralization of Central Europe as a threat to us and lose military cooperation, but not political Integration.

For us we need to ask ourselves do we want to subjugate Central/Eastern Europe? Baltic state are probable as they would be easy to manage. But rest aren't really attractive. Poland and much of Central Europe were under Russian domination already and depite it they proved resilient to integration and given their anonymity and cultural difference we generally don't want them in Russian dominated Euroasia as that would potentially break the quorum we have.
I am not talking about occupation WW2 style, but political and economic domination. Without the US countries between Russia and Germany would have not choice in this matter, as Berlin will always choose us over Poland/Baltic States. Poland is needed for Germany as a sales market for German goodd and a source of cheap labor, nothing more.

Key word being "without US military presence" unlikely to happen as we cannot force US out, while end goal of Western Europe isn't retreat of US as much as strategic autonomy. Really any such initiative would need to come from US itself recalculating that Eastern/Central Europe isn't worth continued Russian animosity and it deciding to retreat to German borders.

This would include USA deciding that NATO became a burden to it and its competition against China and that it wants to focus eastward, or it wants to resolve its tensions with Russia. With this we would see US exist NATO abd generally replace it with more Western European oriented security system with rest of Western Europe following behind leaving Eastern/Central Europe to us.

What we probably want is neutralization of Central Europe as a threat to us and lose military cooperation, but not political Integration.
Besides, Russia needs to control Central and Eastern due to simple geopolitics, because if we would hesitate for any reason, the geopolitical void would be quickly filled by other players like,
Germany, Poland or Turkey. In my opinion me must do it whether we like or not, because other powers wont wait for us.

Last edited:
Besides, Russia needs to control Central and Eastern due to simple geopolitics, because if we would hesitate for any reason, the geopolitical void would be quickly filled by other players like,
Germany, Poland or Turkey. In my opinion me must do it whether we like or not, because other powers wont wait for us.

Actually they need to wait, or better said we need them to wait because before we even think about Central Europe further centralization of Euroasia is necessary which means reforms.

In regards to Central Europe? As i said having them be full members of our union is to destabilising, but separate arrangement can be made. Honestly Soviet system of Inner (Soviet Union) and outer (WP) empire is the best. So i would say consolidate ex Soviet space + Balkans and then make separate arrangements with Central and Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
Of course we can't let Ukraine into NATO, but what about EU ?

Ukraine is member of CIS and EEU which are Russian led economic institutions, having it leave those and join political and European framework is a loss for Russia as it not only losses us an advantage of open Ukrainian markets, but also puts a border between Russians in Russia and Ukraine, losses us easy access to Black Sea ports and makes all of those dependent on goodwill of Brussels.

So no even EU is unacceptable, if anything while we want to cooperate EU is also a rival political and economic organization that aims to expand in same regions EEE and CIS want to expand and i won't hide that i want to snatch Greece from EU, this alone explains my view. Stealing members from EU is counter productive if we want to ceede then members, you either have one, or the other and they already stole Baltic States .

Last edited:
Wait, did you just cancel the T-90 program? I urge you to reconsider, India has shown great interest in a heavily upgraded version of the T-72 and is potentially willing to acquire up to 1000 of these units, so it would be a huge income boost for our industries.

(Based on OTL T-90 Bhishma program, yes we don't have hindsight 20/20 but India had already signed interest agreements by the mid 90s for the T-90, and Pakistan was already in the process of buying T-80UD from Ukraine. We don't want India to buy 1100 Leopard 2 instead, do we?)

Wait, did you just cancel the T-90 program? I urge you to reconsider, India has shown great interest in a heavily upgraded version of the T-72 and is potentially willing to acquire up to 1000 of these units, so it would be a huge income boost for our industries.

(Based on OTL T-90 Bhishma program, yes we don't have hindsight 20/20 but India had already signed interest agreements by the mid 90s for the T-90, and Pakistan was already in the process of buying T-80UD from Ukraine. We don't want India to buy 1100 Leopard 2 instead, do we?)
I think that t90 was replaced by this project https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Eagle_(tank). So, I believe that India will simply purchase our new tanks, instead of T-90.