Wow, so a Republican victory but without Congress? Would Barry be better off getting on board some left Republicans to get some cooperation out of the Populist left? That move can amplify the defection of the Populist Right or resurrect the democratic party in the South which is the beating heart of the Populists. I think that with the power of the presidency, Barry can make Populists grant concessions by hitting them where it hurts, their corruption and mafia and finally their welfare state. I believe that the Supreme Court is going to get 16 new judges.

How long will Huey Long walk on this Earth? LBJ will kick out Russel Long right? Alas the Shark is not going to be with us for long either

Since you entertain us with weird twists I will make a suggestion. In the upcoming war between India and Pakt Allies in Asia you can have the wife of the Nizam declare herself to be the rightful Caliph(She is the daughter of the last Caliph) and declare jihad on the Iranians and the Syrians.
#Operation Iraqi Freedom # Operation Desert Storm # Khomeni Revolt

Since you entertain us with weird twists I will make a suggestion. In the upcoming war between India and Pakt Allies in Asia you can have the wife of the Nizam declare herself to be the rightful Caliph(She is the daughter of the last Caliph) and declare jihad on the Iranians and the Syrians.
#Operation Iraqi Freedom # Operation Desert Storm # Khomeni Revolt
Muslim Brotherhood time as well, especially with Nasser’s position as bad as it is.

Would Barry be better off getting on board some left Republicans to get some cooperation out of the Populist left?
That would depend on Goldwater being supportive of Civil Rights and end his crusade against the Longist welfare system. The Republican Left isn't on board with his more radical policies such as abolishing the AHS and the Bank of America. The Populists certainly won't agree to that either.

That would depend on Goldwater being supportive of Civil Rights and end his crusade against the Longist welfare system. The Republican Left isn't on board with his more radical policies such as abolishing the AHS and the Bank of America. The Populists certainly won't agree to that either.
long is dying, if goldwater realised this, and wasnt so pig headed, he could make a bargain with huey 'i wont touch your legacy as long as you let me dismantle hoffa and smiths'

doubt he will though

I'am curious how big is japan population by now , the Imperial Goverment probally "encouraged" the people to have more children. My best guess is tha by 21 century japan would still have a population surpasing 100 milions,through they would not have the best standards of living.

Also how are they economically, compared with the other nations how are they standards of living?

I'am curious how big is japan population by now , the Imperial Goverment probally "encouraged" the people to have more children. My best guess is tha by 21 century japan would still have a population surpasing 100 milions,through they would not have the best standards of living.

Also how are they economically, compared with the other nations how are they standards of living?
Japan is certainly worse off than in our world, Operation Sunset made sure of that. The subsequent occupation under Halsey's direction, the dismantlement of National industry which left them open to foreign exploitation, the political instability and the eventual Imperial Takeover would not only leave the country more economically frail, but it also left them isolated.

Living standards are lower, perhaps lower than in Russia.

long is dying, if goldwater realised this, and wasnt so pig headed, he could make a bargain with huey 'i wont touch your legacy as long as you let me dismantle hoffa and smiths'

doubt he will though
Long's "Legacy" includes most of the economic system which Goldwater wants to dismantle because he believes it is choking American Economy.

Japan is certainly worse off than in our world, Operation Sunset made sure of that. The subsequent occupation under Halsey's direction, the dismantlement of National industry which left them open to foreign exploitation, the political instability and the eventual Imperial Takeover would not only leave the country more economically frail, but it also left them isolated.

Living standards are lower, perhaps lower than in Russia.
I mean at the least the Russians had received significant assistance from the USA, and as a whole, I tend to think the American public is more friendly if not at the least neutral towards Russia even with them getting closer with Japan out of necessity if anything else .

Speaking about population,OTL in 1970 Japan's population was about 103 million, in this timeline they lost 13 million people during the war, and with the destruction brought upon the home islands, and the general chaos of the post-war period, many others died of radiations, disease due the lack of medicine and malnutrition.So I assume japan population in 1970 would be about 82 mil maybe 90 mil if we are pushing it.

Anyone want to bet that the ending to this Dark and unstable TL is when all the communist and fascist go to war with eachother and nuke eachother to oblivion because that’s sounds exactly where it’s going

Next chapter plans, in no particular order:

"The People of the United States v Huey P. Long Jr."

Huey Long faces a final battle for his legacy as the State turns against him, who will get to him first: Goldwater or his Cancer?

"In the Defense of Liberty"

The Struggle of Barry Goldwater against the Establishment, will he use the powers he so criticized for his cause?

"Blood, Petrol and Steel"

The Age of Strife continues in Eurasia as the Syrians and Iranians set their sights on the world's lifeline in the Gulf.

"Der Stahlführer und die Prinzessin"

Otto Remer struggles to make the Reich recover after a disastrous decade, will he realize the snake about to bite him?

"Long Live the King"

The Mountbatten regime reaches it's critical stage as the British people begin to question how much King Edward truly cares about them.

"Le Chant du Départ"

The Mediterranean is set aflame in a religious struggle while Emperor Napoleon VI seeks to emulate his famed predecessor.

"Festung Europa"

As the Reich weakens, the Pakt reveals itself to be not as united as Germania wanted to show, will the illusion of European Unity survive this decade?

"Mister U. S. A."

President Goldwater begins to wonder how much he can trust his own Administration as the Crisis worsens and Congress prepares an Impeachment.

"Mate el Gringo!"

In Mexico, the American Forces face a relentless enemy, with General Maxwell now in command and having to deal with the dilema given to him by the White House.

Last edited:
In the upcoming war between India and Pakt Allies in Asia you can have the wife of the Nizam declare herself to be the rightful Caliph(She is the daughter of the last Caliph) and declare jihad on the Iranians and the Syrians.
As much of a sweet justice that would be, can a woman become Caliph in Islam? And I am not quite sure how seriously the claim of the Ottomans would be taken in the Arab World.

Next chapter plans, in no particular order:

"The People of the United States v Huey P. Long Jr."

Huey Long faces a final battle for his legacy as the State turns against him, who will get to him first: Goldwater or his Cancer?

"In the Defense of Liberty"

The Struggle of Barry Goldwater against the Establishment, will he use the powers he so criticized for his cause?

"Blood, Petrol and Steel"

The Age of Strife continues in Eurasia as the Syrians and Iranians set their sights on the world's lifeline in the Gulf.

"Der Stahlführer und der Prinzessin"

Otto Remer struggles to make the Reich recover after a disastrous decade, will he realize the snake about to bite him?

"Long Live the King"

The Mountbatten regime reaches it's critical stage as the British people begin to question how much King Edward truly cares about them.

"Le Chant du Départ"

The Mediterranean is set aflame in a religious struggle while Emperor Napoleon VI seeks to emulate his famed predecessor.

"Festung Europa"

As the Reich weakens, the Pakt reveals itself to be not as united as Germania wanted to show, will the illusion of European Unity survive this decade?

"Mister U. S. A."

President Goldwater begins to wonder how much he can trust his own Administration as the Crisis worsens and Congress prepares an Impeachment.

"Good Morning Mexico!"

In Mexico, the American Forces face a relentless enemy, with General Maxwell now in command and having to deal with the dilema given to him by the White House.

Sounds like the original plan anyways.
Also waiting for BPS.( Beter name suggesstion, Black Gold Red Sand).
#Jaiho.