Carpenter's Hammer: When Karen went Punk. A Hensonverse TLIAW

Very fascinating work here!

Though this is quite fascinating given the idea behind the term "karen." Apparently, this was not the first time such name was used. Before "Karen", it was "Becky." Hell, this goes way further back, with the original terms being "Miss Ann " and "Mister Charlie ", which orginated from the African-American lexicon.

Today brings us full circle, one week, one TLIAW. The Mrs. and I thank you all for your support and feedback. To the "old timers" who were there through the original A Hippie in the House of Mouse to the new names and faces that started here with Carpenter's Hammer, I and we greatly appreciate the new and continued support!

I'm always learning and growing as a writer, so feedback is appreciated. Any more feedback you care to give, feel free. Positive, negative, tangential, just be respectful, it's how I learn. Any parts of the TL that have unfulfilled potential in your opinion? Did we miss anything? Do you have any unanswered questions? Areas you wish had been addressed or covered? We can always add Sidebar posts.

And you can always add Sidebar posts too like @Dan did, just PM me your idea/draft so I can note any areas where the main TL contradicts. Or take ideas here into any Guest Thread or Look of the Hensonverse posts. Some of you already have! Nick made some great images of Karen's kids (@nick_crenshaw82 feel free to repost here too). The Hensonverse is an open sand box so long as you respect the Canon, the rules of behavior, and your fellow contributors.

So thanks again, all. I may slip a Sidebar or two into here too if an idea strikes. If you haven't read the main TL and liked what you see here, give it a look. I know it's long! But you don't need to read everything to enjoy it. Skim, pick and choose!

And if another wacky idea strikes for a future TLIAW or even TLIAD, I or indeed we (the wife and I) may be back. We had fun, and it was a nice bonding experience for us.

With thanks and respect and love,

GK & SK...

Great conclusion, @Geekhis Khan!
I enjoyed this little side-adventure!
Thumbs up!!!!
Very fascinating work here!
Thanks all, we appreciate the kind words. It was a fun little project.

I do wonder if, since language evolves, the meaning of the terms change - the former referring to using exaggeratedly faked (or obviously sarcastic) politeness to treat people in a manner that's more patronising than anything else and the latter being snappy and impatient (and veeery angry to a perceived slight).

(Basically, the Karen will loudly say that of course it's not your fault you forgot to write down "no mushrooms"... in a tone of voice that implies it very much is and the Kari will snap at you for forgetting to write down "no mushrooms"... when you didn't forget, but the order was so insanely detailed, nobody in the kitchen could keep track)

This is principally because I like the idea that retail staff ITTL are debating which is worse - the one who treats you like you're a child or the one who morphs into an uber-witch at the slightest perceived disrespect.

(I have dealt with both categories - I'd rather deal with the latter...).
Though this is quite fascinating given the idea behind the term "karen." Apparently, this was not the first time such name was used. Before "Karen", it was "Becky." Hell, this goes way further back, with the original terms being "Miss Ann " and "Mister Charlie ", which orginated from the African-American lexicon.
Language absolutely evolves, and its certainly possible that the sarcastic meaning of Karen/Kari takes over or a similar word appears. Also recall that TTL has the expression "Miss Inpho" for the person, stereotypically a woman ITTL (times and timelines change, alas people don't, as CountDVB noted) who gets and spreads misinformation on the Inpho [smart phone TTL]. I always imagined that would grow to encompass the same meaning as "Karen" OTL.

Trans-temporal Lesson: be kind, don't be a jerk, treat each other with respect and decency.

(@nick_crenshaw82 feel free to repost here too)
Hope I understood this invitation, and I hope this gets counted as canon:

Buddy.png
Rose.png

Two Times Jazz[1] nominated for their debut album Long Island State of Mind (produced by Phone Tag Productions[2]) at the 2004 Grammys.

[1] Brother/sister Punk Jazz group of Rose and Buddy Fowlkes.
[2] Music studio founded by Karen Carpenter during the start of the Riot Grrl era.

Just caught up after stumbling across this thread, serves me right for not keeping an eye on the new threads!
Awesome work as always, @Geekhis Khan!

That 'Lead Sister' sweater Karen was wearing in the early posts immediately gave me the idea of a single with the same title, although an engraved bullet for the album art would make it clear it's pronounced like the metal and not someone who is followed.