A different Leyte Gulf

US PT Boat in Suragao Strait

index.jpg

NO drama. US yards were experts by late 1944-1945.

Agreed. Heck look at the damage Enterprise took at The Battle of Eastern Solomons and back in action for The Battle of Santa Cruz. Or the miracle to get Yorktown patched up for Mudway. Both in 1942.

Well as always the pictures you added to this timeline as well the Australasian really add to the flavor.

Agreed. Heck look at the damage Enterprise took at The Battle of Eastern Solomons and back in action for The Battle of Santa Cruz. Or the miracle to get Yorktown patched up for Mudway. Both in 1942.

Well as always the pictures you added to this timeline as well the Australasian really add to the flavor.

Cheers. I wish I had mastered attaching photos earlier in this one, bt oh well

USS Kidd in Baton Rouge, LA....you need to get a picture of her when the river is low:D....it's actually a pretty neat setup

and Kidd was pretty well beat up by kamakasie....

When I was growing up, a family friend had been Medical Officer on the Kidd at Okinawa. He was topside taking pictures when the kamikaze hit. He suffered two broken legs and lost an eye. The pictures he took that day are now on display in the museum next to the ship.

As before, the added pictures add flavor to the timeline. If you ever decide to post this in the finished timeline board, you can weave these into the posts and action reports.