Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This TL has (obviously) a surviving (and thriving) CSA, a better colonial France, and a surviving German empire.

Throughout the nineteenth century the CSA slowly expanded throughout Mexico and the Caribbean, and in 1911 the first North American war developed where Britain and the CSA were fighting against America. This would happen again in 1928 with similar results. Britain the CSA, and Japan are allied against America and emerge triumphant with the Confederacy pushing North, Anglo-Canadians coming south and a combined Anglo-Japanese force invading from California. This time though, the treaty is rather harsh limiting the American military, demanding huge reparations, etc.

With Britain keeping a wary eye on America, things go differently in Europe. Germany takes advantage of Norway breaking from Sweden and basically turns it into a German colony. The World War 1 starts in 1921 and has a neutral Britain, Russia and France do better than OTL (primarily due to Russia being far better equipped), but Germany still gives them a thrashing and they collapse into civil war (where the commies win).

So now we have Britain sitting top dog atop a global empire, and Germany sitting top dog in Europe. The two eventually come to blows (1943-6) and France throws its lot in with Germany and Britain is "beaten". It's mostly just humiliated, and the war sees little shifting of territory. Greenland, Iceland and the Caribbean being the exception. German forces seize Ice land during the war, so Canada seizes Greenland to prevent the Germans from taking it. Copenhagen protest, but neither side are budging after the war, so they agree to "buy" the property from Denmark. In the Caribbean, the CSA (being allied with the UK) seizes a whole lot of property with little fuss, and did very little to actually aid the UK, which makes Britain a little angry.

Throughout the late 40s and early 50s, Britain goes into a slump with India, Egypt, Australia and South Africa all going their own way. But by 1959, the Britain that emereges is a lot more sleek and mean.

So when it is discovered in 1960 that America is reneging on their reparation payments and rearming, Britain unilaterally takes on America as Canada and the Confederacy have decided on sanctions and other political measures adding another snub in the already tense relationship between the UK and CSA. The war will see the first use of nuclear weapons (Boston and New York) and a complete unravelling of the Unites States. A communist revolution strikes the nation, and a semi-fascist couter-coup strikes back. America has lost 3 three wars, lost over half of its territory in fifty years, they're pretty peeved.

The world is shocked by the war, and Germany will later admit that they developed nuclear weapon in 1954 but have kept it a closely guarded secret. Japan publically announces their succesful nuclear program in 1961 with the Soviets in 1963, the Ottomans in 1965 France in 1966 and the Confederacy in 1972.

The second nuclear war will take place bewteen India and Japan. After the breakup of the British Empire, Japan was eager to spread its influence in the region. It did this in Hyderabad, and Burma. After several years of consternation and an ailing Nizam in Hyderabad, India decides to overplay its hand and invade. Japan says it has a defense pact and fights back for the small nation. Seven nuclear wepons will be used (four local, and three cities, all Eastern India). Japan carves a few states in the East in the treaty, and life goes on.

The last great conflict (and harshest) was in 1984. Japan eventually pulled out from China in the 50's a s the cost of occupying it outweighed the potential gain. In October 1984, China fought a war of liberation against the occupyers including Japan (Manchukuo, Mengkukuo and Hainan) Germany, France and Britain. Japan used several local area nuclear weapons against China with some success, but in January 1985, it was decided in a Concert of Nations (taking place in Brussels) that nuclear weapons would be used large scale if China did not cease and desist. China thinks its a bluff, but is dead wrong. Over the next month, over seventy weapons of various sizes would land across China and bring it to its knees.

So, by the modern day, there are really no superpowers, just regional powers armed to the teeth. It hasn't had the holocaust, a vengeful Soviet Union. But it has a lot more nuclear war and still has colonization and imperial practices.

Deleted member 4898

In order to test the new Political UCS, to advertize it, and to remember the good and old Map Continuations, here's my attempt at "Map Continuation III - A delicate balance of power" map, from 1900, with the mentioned Political Colour Scheme:
(@ Gandavien, Benkarnell, Maharajah and the other MC3 authors: some of this colours were rather arbitrary or wild guesses, specially about parliamentary/presidential/flawed republics in Jarnassia and Mediccia, and the republican dictatorships in east Asia... please correct me if I'm horribly wrong about any of them!)
We should discuss this on the forum. Also, the map is wrong; the borders in the British Isles and Central Asia are out-of-date. Aside from that, good work!

We should discuss this on the forum. Also, the map is wrong; the borders in the British Isles and Central Asia are out-of-date. Aside from that, good work!

Ha, you're right - I used a rather old map as base, and forgot to correct Karakalpakstan and the new configuration of the old Celtic Union.

As a said earlier, for some strange reason it's impossible to enter in most threads of the MC3 forum, for me. It's not due to my account, as I have those problems both while logged in and not, and it's not a problem of my computer or my inernet connection either - the result is exactly the same from wherever I enter it.

EDIT: ok, I think zetaboards changed their system or something, because I FINALLY managed to enter into threads with more than 1 page. I'll post/discuss it there now!

Follow up map of my previous map. Year 1946 soon after the Second Global War. Germany annexs Chamoagne Ardenne and Franchecompte mostly just to shrink France and to have more of a buffer. They also set up a puppet "Republic of Normandy" with its capital in Chartes. The border follows the Loire and the Seine but Paris stays in France

Belgium takes more land mostly as a buffer. (Something tells me that Belgium might become a primarily French speaking country)

Italy annexs eveything to the Rhine. Greece takes back Constaniople and some of Ottoman Antolia (the Ottomans werent forced to accept the harsh peace until a Fission bomb was dropped on Anakara)*. After having the USSR only be turned back at Seelow Heights not to mention thier bombers having devastated Berlin and most other German cities, Germany and its puppets are intrested in only breaking off as much land from Russia as possible. Germany puts Alexi (who ITTL along with Anastasia survive the murder of their family) on the thrown as a Constutional Monarch. Knowing that since Germany took thm in after the revoloution that he'll be an ally. Not to mention hes more intent on taking back the Pacific Territories the Japanese took late in Global War II.

Romainia finishes off Bulgaria though resistance remains, Yugoslavia is a bit upset that even though it assited Greece and Romainia in attacking Bulgaria it gains nothing.

Irelan takes Northern Ireland from the British after the UK used it as a stageing area for the invasion of Ireland. Also Italy annexed Palestine from the Ottomans to set up a Jewish homeland after the Soviet Jewish Holocaust was revealed.

The US when it started to wrap up its bussiness with Communist Mexico had a DDay-esque landing by Gibralter and occupies southern Spain

*Abombs are called Fission bombs ITTL also the term Nuked is replaced with Fissioned
List of Cities Fissioned
Europe
1-Bordeaux(France)
2-Moscow(USSR)
3-Stalingrad(USSR)
4-Cologne(Germany)
5-Toulouse(France)
6-Novogrod(USSR)
7-Madrid(Spain)
8-Bristol(England/UK)
9-Ankara(Ottoman)

North America
1-Puebla(Mexico)
2-Port-au-Prince(United States of America)
3-Merida(Mexico)

any questions on this probably improbabal but still cool pic
51stameurope1946-1.jpg

Last edited:
Follow up map of my previous map. Year 1946 soon after the Second Global War. Germany annexs Chamoagne Ardenne and Franchecompte mostly just to shrink France and to have more of a buffer. They also set up a puppet "Republic of Normandy" with its capital in Chartes. The border follows the Loire and the Seine but Paris stays in France

Belgium takes more land mostly as a buffer. (Something tells me that Belgium might become a primarily French speaking country)

Italy annexs eveything to the Rhine. Greece takes back Constaniople and some of Ottoman Antolia (the Ottomans werent forced to accept the harsh peace until a Fission bomb was dropped on Anakara)*. After having the USSR only be turned back at Seelow Heights not to mention thier bombers having devastated Berlin and most other German cities, Germany and its puppets are intrested in only breaking off as much land from Russia as possible. Germany puts Alexi (who ITTL along with Anastasia survive the murder of their family) on the thrown as a Constutional Monarch. Knowing that since Germany took thm in after the revoloution that he'll be an ally. Not to mention hes more intent on taking back the Pacific Territories the Japanese took late in Global War II.

Romainia finishes off Bulgaria though resistance remains, Yugoslavia is a bit upset that even though it assited Greece and Romainia in attacking Bulgaria it gains nothing.

Irelan takes Northern Ireland from the British after the UK used it as a stageing area for the invasion of Ireland. Also Italy annexed Palestine from the Ottomans to set up a Jewish homeland after the Soviet Jewish Holocaust was revealed.

The US when it started to wrap up its bussiness with Communist Mexico had a DDay-esque landing by Gibralter and occupies southern Spain

*Abombs are called Fission bombs ITTL also the term Nuked is replaced with Fissioned
List of Cities Fissioned
Europe
1-Bordeaux(France)
2-Moscow(USSR)
3-Stalingrad(USSR)
4-Cologne(Germany)
5-Toulouse(France)
6-Novogrod(USSR)
7-Madrid(Spain)
8-Bristol(England/UK)
9-Ankara(Ottoman)

North America
1-Puebla(Mexico)
2-Port-au-Prince(United States of America)
3-Merida(Mexico)

any questions on this probably improbabal but still cool pic
Straight borders are not good.

Mary Queen of Scots' first Husband is able to survive long enough for her to have a child. He does still die quite young leaving Mary's son the King of France, while also being heir to the thrown of Scotland and England. Eventually Mary died in a horse riding accident, leaving her son King of France and Scotland. The English began to panic as they realised that his claiming the title of King of England (much like Mary had) was now quite strong with Elizabeth refusing to have any children. They attempted in vain to get her to marry but had no luck. Just before she died she met with the King of France and Scotland and found him quite an agrealbe person. After some negotiations it was decided that England would accept him, though many disliked this. When Elizabeth died and he took the crown of England the Hapsbourgs panicked and found a shaky footing to declare war upon this new Bourbon supernation. Europe soon descended into the 30 years war, which technically went 32 years. In the end France-England-Scotland triumphed with the aide of Dutch and Czech rebels, Sweden, Poland and the Ottomans.
This is a map of the world at the height of imperialism after a long an complex history.

yellow.png

Status
Not open for further replies.