Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too many islands left blank. :mad:
Concur though still like the idea.

And now a map from me. I haven't done one in a while, and I've improved at my GIMPsmanship since then.

This is inspired by a suggestion from Thande on this thread about early EU-like organisations (hooray for advertising!). He suggested the Concert of Europe as something that could evolve into a more federal state. And so I've done a map of Europe where there is a more federal Concert of Europe.

In this TL, the Concert developed in a slightly more federal way. There is a capital (so to speak, it's more of an agreed meeting place) in Prague, choosen for it's geographic, central position. There are free trade areas established in the Netherlands/Rhineland, Denmark and northern Italy. Heads of Government meet in Prague every year to renew the various alliances and agreements. Heads of State meet every five years for a more showy version of what the Heads of Government do.

Europe has been shaped by the spirit of compromise. Neither Britain, France or Russia wanted to see the whole of Germany united behind either Prussia or Austro-Hungary. Hence they supported Austro-Hungary's influence in the southern German states. And in the same spirit, they supported the creation of the North German Federation, headed by Prussia.
This compromising has also led to the creation of an independent Polish state, mainly thanks to the efforts of Prussia. The new state, whilst initially poverty stricken, recieved much intrest from both Prussian, Austro-Hungarian and Russian businesses, mainly due to the cheap labour.
Feared competition between the powers over military might, has led to a reduction in the size of armed forces in Europe. In turn, this led to larger civillian populations across the continent, and an earlier build-up in industry than OTL. Whilst the map is set in 1900, the technology level is about OTL 1920.
France and Prussia have also set aside their old rivalries in an effort to prevent Britain becoming too powerful. Whilst both nations respective navies are smaller than Britains, united they could prove to be a match for the Royal Navy, this prevented Britain achieving a monoploy in global trade and influence.

6th May, 1900
concertofeurope1900.png

a new map in my Dystopic Naziwank Map Series:

The map shows Serbia or to be correct den Ordensstaat Serbien, a state controled by the Order of Asgard (the former SS). One half of the populations are "Aryans" (okay they are not very Aryan in the proper meaning of the word (Aryan=Iranian) but in the unlogic meaning of the nazis they are), mostly member of the Order. The other half are slavs/slaves, they have no rights and are property of the Order.
Serbia's capital is Weißburg (the former Belgrade). Weißburg is also the biggest city of the whole Order.

"Legend

See of the Order
See of the County
See of the District
Border of the County
Border of the District
Rivers"

serbien.png

P.S. Mösien is called of the Roman province of Moesia, but in German "Möse" means Pussy (Mösien=Pussyana ;))

Concur though still like the idea.

And now a map from me. I haven't done one in a while, and I've improved at my GIMPsmanship since then.

This is inspired by a suggestion from Thande on this thread about early EU-like organisations (hooray for advertising!). He suggested the Concert of Europe as something that could evolve into a more federal state. And so I've done a map of Europe where there is a more federal Concert of Europe.

6th May, 1900
concertofeurope1900.png

Thanks, and I would've put the perfected map up, but sadly, the site wouldn't let me....... :(

The map shows Serbia or to be correct den Ordensstaat Serbien, a state controled by the Order of Asgard (the former SS). One half of the populations are "Aryans" (okay they are not very Aryan in the proper meaning of the word (Aryan=Iranian) but in the unlogic meaning of the nazis they are), mostly member of the Order. The other half are slavs/slaves, they have no rights and are property of the Order.
Serbia's capital is Weißburg (the former Belgrade). Weißburg is also the biggest city of the whole Order.

"Legend

See of the Order
See of the County
See of the District
Border of the County
Border of the District
Rivers"

serbien.png

P.S. Mösien is called of the Roman province of Moesia, but in German "Möse" means Pussy (Mösien=Pussyana ;))

Wow, scary. Wonder that they did to the rest of Europe? :eek:

Please don't quote maps. Especially on a Map Thread that is a couple hundred posts overdue.
Yeah, it uses up bandwith.

Though thank you for getting my map onto this page :D

As for getting the new version up. I assume you mean that it's over the limit for MBs? In that case, you should upload it onto an image hosting site, I use ImageShack, and then just copy and paste it into your post.

"Legend

See of the Order
See of the County
See of the District
Border of the County
Border of the District
Rivers"

Great quality map: I like the overall feel of it and all the details.

I myself am posting an "update" to a map I submitted for the latest MOF.
I am not happy about a lot of things about this "update", so I won't be submitting this one for the challenge, but still wanted to post it anyway, to get maybe some critique.

moravia-groot-eind.jpg

Last edited:
Well, theoretically all German colonies were protectorates (Schutzgebiete), yet under direct colonial rule. My guess is the light grey represents the equivalent of princely states and so on.
So it would, although Mittelafrika in that mod runs itself fairly autonomously from Berlin. And corruptly (one of Berlin's possible beefs with the colony, if they find out), but when you have Göring as Governor...:rolleyes:

Remake of an older map.

As a former Map of the Fortnight winner, I approve of this map. Honestly, ignoring my exhaustion and slight inebriation, I appreciate the slight but important change in boundaries and the clean execution of this map.

Very professional. Makes me want to improve my efforts. I am curious what you used as a basemap.

Status
Not open for further replies.