Interstate 76 like setting

Hi some of you may remember an old PC win game called Interstate 76, now in this setting it's alt history.

It's about 1976 North America and USA still in the 1973 Oil crisis, now from the installing of Nitro pack it showned that the Yom Kipper war was stilling going on and what led to OPEC being alot tougher on the Western embargo.

I would like some help with this setting?,

LW

Um in this setting the members of AVA which are the good guys there auto are armed like the Interstate 76 PC game,

Now OPEC are the main bad guys but there more behind the scenes type of masterminds, keeping the Oil Crisis stilling going on due to the simple fact that a cabal of pro Arabs got control of this group. Due to the fact that Yom Kipper war is still going on,

AVA:

The AVA which is short for Auto Viglante Assocation, it's a grass root gut reaction to the Auto based crime out in the West of the USA which were funded by OPEC through third parties, and since cops in the 70's were poorly paided some most of them were on the take. So honest people started to get together and arming there cars in responance to the Auto based crime and fight them on there own terms, starting in 1973 they started to cruise the major highways and byways to protect honest motorists travelling. They move in a group when in patrol of two AVA members each in there own car and a Mechanic in his or her own Van, now the AVA protect passgener buses in standard escourt service.

I still need some help on this setting,

LW

IMHO, this sounds more like fun AH than serious AH. 'Cause why would poeple be driving any much if there's a serious oil crisis going on? Especially muscle cars, fer Pete's sake! Anyway, it sounds like Car Wars, which meets with my approval.

So, ongoing Yom Kippur War and embargo. Maybe if Israel launched a preemptive strike, but the USA still sent them supplies? Or there could be nukes in there somewhere. A problem would be keeping the USSR from doing more than just supplying Egypt and Syria.

Well in this world the Seven Sisters brokered a deal with OPEC, to make money on the Oil crisis to drive up the price at the pump to alow them to rake in the cash.

Also Viglante 2 the old PS game also help me with this setting specially about the future of this setting, now as I stated OPEC has bin funding groups through third parties like Earthfirst, Weathermen and American Indian Movement. I would also like to point out that the Alaskian pipeline hasn't bin built due to the actions of these groups,

And yes American and USSR are suppling both sides in the Yom Kipper war,

LW